Seattle are - Fairfield in Puyallup

DaveOKC

We are planning on exploring the outlying areas of Seattle (like Mt. Rainer) for one day pre-cruise. We found a reasonable priced hotel - Fairfield Inn in Puyallup,

Has anyone stayed there? How is the area and the hotel itself? Dining options nearby for dinner?

The Fairfield Inn is owned by Marriott, it's a nice property. It's only about 5 years old or so. The area around the Fairfield Inn is a nice area. It's at the bottom on the hill in the valley, across the street from the Western Washington Fairgrounds. If you go to the top of the hill there are a lot of dining options up there.

The Fairfield Inn is owned by Marriott, it's a nice property. It's only about 5 years old or so. The area around the Fairfield Inn is a nice area. It's at the bottom on the hill in the valley, across the street from the Western Washington Fairgrounds. If you go to the top of the hill there are a lot of dining options up there.

THANKS!! Exactly what I wanted to know.

One more thing - if I leave there at 9 AM, how long (and how bad the traffic, to get to the Space Needle area?

Thanks again - DaveOKC

I would allow at least an hour, maybe a bit more. If you have 2 or more in the car you can use the HOV lanes part way and that will help. Morning commuter traffic should be abating but you will inevitably experience slowdowns along this route unless you go at 2 AM :)

I live about two miles from the Fairfield Inn. Chain restaurants at the top of the hill (one mile or so) around the South Hill Mall. A couple of good restaurants in town of Puyallup. Check Yelp or tripadvisor.