Cabs in Bermuda

Harleysparents

We just got off our second Bermuda cruise in the Haven of the Breakaway . The cruise was spectacular as expected but we had a very strange experience with a cab. My husband and I normally use a cab on 1 day of every cruise we take. Last Thursday, around noon we grabbed a cab at the end of the pier at the Dockyard in Bermuda. We planned to grab a drink at a bar we go to in Bermuda called Woody's then stop at Horseshoe Bay for pictures and then grab a bite at Elbow beach. Our driver was a local in his 60s who talked about his grandchildren . Everything was fine and we were having a lot of fun until Elbow Beach. When we finished there my husband was in line to grab our kids tee shirts. I had to use the ladies room and told him I would meet him at the cab. When I got back to the cab I got in to wait for my husband, who incidentally is a 6'5 former football player. You would think based on that the cab driver would have remained gentlemanly. He did not. In fact as soon as I got in the cab he jumped into the back seat with me. I was stunned. I immediately jumped over The driver and exited the cab saying I left my camera in the ladies room. We needed to get back to the ship so I asked my husband to refrain from saying anything until we got back. In retrospect we should have called another cab Anyhow when

we got back I told the driver what he did was inappropriate and that we would be dealing with it. I informed my concierge who planned to report the driver the Norwegian. The next morning we spoke to the dispatcher who called the Bermuda Transportation Police. They had me write a statement and assured me that this man will lose his license. Though he never touched me the situation was uncomfortable and inappropriate. I am still shocked

Oh my goodness. I'm just glad you were able to get out of the cab by making an excuse and nothing more happened. I don't know that I would have been able to get back in the cab with him after that. You have more guts than I do. :eek: