Tet Paul Tour vs. Cosol Tour?

easy_123

We will soon be cruising to St. Lucia. And am considering several tours: Tet Paul Tour out of Soufriere or Cosol Tour out of Castries.

My problem is I cannot decide which would be more fun and educational. I should say, we are 60 yo and 61 yo and in good health. And, we are not particularly interested in sitting for a long time on a beach (ADHD and Shop-aholism).

I would appreciate any words of wisdom. If you have only been to one of the two, could you share why you chose one over the other.

Thanks,

Stan

We will soon be cruising to St. Lucia. And am considering several tours: Tet Paul Tour out of Soufriere or Cosol Tour out of Castries.

My problem is I cannot decide which would be more fun and educational. I should say, we are 60 yo and 61 yo and in good health. And, we are not particularly interested in sitting for a long time on a beach (ADHD and Shop-aholism).

I would appreciate any words of wisdom. If you have only been to one of the two, could you share why you chose one over the other.

Thanks,

Stan

I just answered on the st. kitts board. ha ha

We really enjoyed our tour with Cosol!!! it was great. They take you to so many places, lots of scenic areas, snacks, the homemade bread & cheese at one point was sooooo good. The beach time was nice as it had some good snorkeling if you like that. It was just the right amount of time. I would highly recommend Cosol & would do it again!:) only didn't like the sulphur area.

We did a tour with Cosol in Feb. it was a great view of the island - saw lots. But it is a long day with LOTS of winding roads & my husband got car sick, e en though he sat in the front. Tried to be prepared by taking Bonine, but am now looking for what to do next year. It will be something either a little shorter or maybe a boat tour. I didn't have any problem, but certainly something to consider if anyone in your group has motion sickness issues

Hello easy_123,

If there is a chance you are sailing on the Jewel out of San Juan on May 24th, check out our roll call. I'm putting together a sailing tour that will take us to Soufriere where we will do the Tet Paul walk, have lunch on board and sail back with hopes of spotting dolphins and whales! We all want to avoid the long time spent in a van or bus, especially because many report the winding roads cause motion sickness.

Let me know if you are interested in more information,

Johnnie

we did cosol tours a couple years ago and it was beyond amazing...my parents have since done it two more times with other couples and my fiancé and i will be back to do it again this summer. Truly a great time and experience. it was educational and so much fun

Hello easy_123,

If there is a chance you are sailing on the Jewel out of San Juan on May 24th, check out our roll call. I'm putting together a sailing tour that will take us to Soufriere where we will do the Tet Paul walk, have lunch on board and sail back with hopes of spotting dolphins and whales! We all want to avoid the long time spent in a van or bus, especially because many report the winding roads cause motion sickness.

Let me know if you are interested in more information,

Johnnie

Nope, I'll embarking on the 3rd. But thanks for the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We did the cosol tour and loved it. A great way to see a beautiful island, try some food, see cool sites, a beach, ride in a boat and drink all you can drink! Well worth the money. I think it is a must do trio in St lucia.

Thanks,

Stan

The Tet Paul Trail and the Cosol Tour are completely different, so it really depends on what interests you more. St. Lucia is a very mountainous and lush island and either excursion will offer you the chance to see amazing scenery. Whereas the Tet Paul Trail is a nature trail that offers views of the Pitons, Cosol's Tour is a land tour allowing you to see many of the sights and attractions which St. Lucia is famous for. Although I have hiked up the Gros Piton, I have not done the Tet Paul trail and I had taken the island tour with Spencer Ambrose rather than Cosol. The land tour between these two operators are similar. On the land tour you will visit a banana plantation, see fishing villages, visit Sulphur Springs (drive-in volcano or mud baths), Toraille Waterfall and Jalousie Beach (nestled between the Gros and Petit Pitons). You will also get to sample local food. There is quite a bit of driving involved on a land tour as it is approx. a 90 minute trek just to get to Soufriere from the cruise terminal on windy and curvy roads. Another alternative to the land tour is a return trip by speedboat. This would give you another perspective of the island by sea. Spencer Ambrose Tours is one of the local operators that offers a return trip by boat. If you have never been to St. Lucia before and would like to see as much of St. Lucia as possible in a limited time, I would recommend the island tour.

Whether you plan to hike along the Tet Paul Trail or take in a land tour really depends on what would interest you more as each excursion will offer you a different experience of St. Lucia.