Gibbes Cay and sting rays fun?

Familycruisers20

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Gibbs Cay Stingray swim last year. We enjoyed it. It's a short boat ride to Gibbs Cay, and you get right in the water with the stingrays. The guides will make sure everyone gets to interact with them and feed them. The only thing is, you don't know how many stingrays will be there until you get there, they hear the boat and come in near shore to be fed. We had 2 big ones, and several smaller ones, and I'm sure the same ones tend to come. Then there's a snorkel tour for those who want to go, maybe a half hour or so, not a great deal to see, but we did see a large turtle - interesting. Those who don't snorkel stay near the boat and can go back in with the stingrays or wander around the island a bit. They also have a conch they let everyone have a sample of.

Overall, I felt it was a very pleasant excursion.

• 4 weeks later...

My family and I did this excursion and it is one of my favorites to date. I got to hold a stingray and "kiss it". Snorkeling was great, saw lots so stingrays, some fish, and even barracudas. Best of all was watching the tour guides free dive to the bottom and capture a couple conches. On the beach, they cut it out from the shell and gave you a taste of it raw. There was also plenty of old empty conch shells that they let me take home. The island itself is very picturesque , walk around to the left side when facing the island for a great beach photo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Familycruisers and Rock On!--is there only one tour company, or is it like Grand Cayman where anybody with a boat has a tour of the sandbar?:confused:

Do you remember the name of the tour company?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would recommend Crystal Seas Adventures! They were awesome. Based right on the beach at the port, no taxi necessary and there were 6 or us on the boat as opposed to 50 on the cruise line charter!