San Pedro Care Rental Review

RSF Cruiser

We just got off the Island Princess on a Panama Canal full transit. We flew out of San Diego and sailed from Florida, so we needed a way to get home from the ship. The best option for us seemed to be doing a one way rental from San Pedro to San Diego, and Enterprise seemed to be the best option since they would pick us up at the port, the rate was reasonable, and there was a convenient option for dropping the car off in San Diego.

We were wrong! Enterprise has a totally inefficient system for picking up so many cruise passengers. The enterprise pick up location is not clearly marked, plus, one of the drivers was picking people up before he got to the marked pick up location. Those of us that waited at the marked pick up spot, waited for at least an hour to get into one of the small minivans that held only five people, and often couldn’t hold everyone’s luggage. Once at the office, we were met with chaos, angry customers, and frustrated employees. When the driver unloaded our luggage, it was mixed up with passengers going to the port. We accidently took someone else’s luggage, but the error was realized before they got into the van.

In the past we parked our car and stayed at the Double Tree the night before flying out of LAX. This time we decided to avoid LAX and try renting a car. Big mistake… I don’t know what it is like with the other rental companies in san Pedro, but I will never rent from a San Pedro Enterprise agency again. I often rent from Enterprise, and have never had problems like this time.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off the Island Princess on a Panama Canal full transit. We flew out of San Diego and sailed from Florida, so we needed a way to get home from the ship. The best option for us seemed to be doing a one way rental from San Pedro to San Diego, and Enterprise seemed to be the best option since they would pick us up at the port, the rate was reasonable, and there was a convenient option for dropping the car off in San Diego.

We were wrong! Enterprise has a totally inefficient system for picking up so many cruise passengers. The enterprise pick up location is not clearly marked, plus, one of the drivers was picking people up before he got to the marked pick up location. Those of us that waited at the marked pick up spot, waited for at least an hour to get into one of the small minivans that held only five people, and often couldn’t hold everyone’s luggage. Once at the office, we were met with chaos, angry customers, and frustrated employees. When the driver unloaded our luggage, it was mixed up with passengers going to the port. We accidently took someone else’s luggage, but the error was realized before they got into the van.

In the past we parked our car and stayed at the Double Tree the night before flying out of LAX. This time we decided to avoid LAX and try renting a car. Big mistake… I don’t know what it is like with the other rental companies in san Pedro, but I will never rent from a San Pedro Enterprise agency again. I often rent from Enterprise, and have never had problems like this time.

A few years ago we rented from this location, and it was a madhouse then, too. One of the agents drove us to the port with the car we had just returned, and it was free of any damage. When we got home we had a call from Enterprise saying that we owed them $1500 for damage to the roof of the car. It appeared that the agent was in a hurry and let the gate drop on the car. It took our insurance company a few weeks to get this straightened out. We haven't used Enterprise since that time.