Nice vs. Monte Carlo

DiMar

We are a group of 8 adults cruising in July and have a day stop in Villefranche. Since we are traveling with a disabled person, getting on a tender in the wee hours of the morning is not do-able. Therefore, we must take a short afternoon tour and need to choose between a visit to Monte Carlo or Nice. We are not interested in the Grand Prix experience in MC and the flower market is closed when we are in Nice. Whatever we choose we can maybe fit in a stop in Eze but a perfume tour is not tops on our list of interests either. If we don't do a tour, we can always hop in a cab for 4 hours and ask to go where we wish. Please advise. Thanks!

We are a group of 8 adults cruising in July and have a day stop in Villefranche. Since we are traveling with a disabled person, getting on a tender in the wee hours of the morning is not do-able. Therefore, we must take a short afternoon tour and need to choose between a visit to Monte Carlo or Nice. We are not interested in the Grand Prix experience in MC and the flower market is closed when we are in Nice. Whatever we choose we can maybe fit in a stop in Eze but a perfume tour is not tops on our list of interests either. If we don't do a tour, we can always hop in a cab for 4 hours and ask to go where we wish. Please advise. Thanks!

Both are very nice, interesting places for an afternoon so there's no bad choice to be made. But it's so much smaller and compact I would think MC would be better to stroll around and take in the sights. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]3yP8aGVHyFY[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]OXW5R66Td2o[/YOUTUBE]

Nice is lovely, but not sure how accessible--is your disabled friend in a wheelchair, or mobility-impaired? I'm not a big fan of M-C, and it's a bit of a drive from Villefranche. Of course, if you're doing a driving tour, it could be a very scenic drive there and back.

I would go for the hopping in a cab option. You would be best to organise and book it beforehand.

If it was me I wouldnt go to Nice or Monte Carlo (and Eze might present some difficulties for the disabled member of your party) but would go inland - there are countless wonderful places to visit throughout Provence and much of the driving will be through spectacular scenery. It will take a bit of research but definitely worth doing

Edited by Eurotravelmagazine

When we were in Monaco with Azamara we booked a four hour scenic tour and found it was really good value for our money.

The scenic tour covered the 'trois courniches' 3 cliff roads with amazing views, there was a half hour stop in Eze, a drive through Nice and several photostops.

Most cruiselines will offer this tour, but with 8 people you might get a better deal if you book a local minicab.