What have you done in Freeport?

Jasalth

Okay we are less than 120 days out, and I am still totally stuck on Freeport!

Any good suggestions on what to do? If worse comes to worse will probably just pick some random excursion on board the day before we get there, but I hate leaving things till last minute.

A little about our trip. Sailing on Carnival. Have 2 beach days before Freeport (Grand Turk & Half Moon) so would like something other than a beach day. Teens aren't interested in Kayaking though.

Anyone do anything off the wall and interesting in Freeport? Private or cruise line doesn't matter to me, but we are in port what seems like limited hours with 7a-1p.

Thanks in advance for any help!

We did a Segway tour in Freeport and loved it. We are seniors, but there were many kids (teens, I believe) also on this. Don't know how old your kids are, but this is a good thing to try if you are looking for something different. We also sailed Carnival and we booked it thru the ship.

Cheers

Len

My mom and I are doing a bike tour through carnival. My mom has already done it once and really liked it. You also go to the Garden of the Groves for lunch and a beach. Too bad the kids aren't interested in kayaking. My husband and I did that and it was a lot of fun and also beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a tour in Freeport recently with Jeff of Bahamas Interisland Tours to Gold Rock Beach and Lucayan National Park (he does other tours also). I must say it was one of the best tours we have taken, and he was really good about making sure we got back to the ship in plenty of time. Our cruise was scheduled to leave at 1:30PM, and he had us back by 12:30PM.

We did a tour in Freeport recently with Jeff of Bahamas Interisland Tours to Gold Rock Beach and Lucayan National Park (he does other tours also). I must say it was one of the best tours we have taken, and he was really good about making sure we got back to the ship in plenty of time. Our cruise was scheduled to leave at 1:30PM, and he had us back by 12:30PM.

I saw the "jeff" tour and it sounds great. I was hoping you could help me with your personal experience. I'm having some hip/back problems and want to know how far you had to walk to get to the beach since it sounds kind of remote. Also, how long is the ride to where you start?

The ride was about 40 minutes each way, but he stopped along the way to point out a few places. I believe the beach is approx 300 to 400 feet from the road (someone else may be able to better answer). It is so beautiful and secluded. Just FYI, on the Lucayan National Park part of the tour, there is a stairway in one of the caves. Like I said, he was really good about getting us back to the ship on time, and that was one of our concerns with being in port for such a short time.

• 1 month later...

My daughter and I were on Fanasty in Jan. Getting back on the ship from Freeport was an ABSOLUTE nightmare!!!! I would love to know if the recent cruisers had the same issues. Only ONE gate was open, and there were SIX ships in port. We stood in the crowd, because there was no formed line, for over an hour!! If that is still the same, maybe won't even get off ship there! Thank You all so much

I did the one with Jeff as well. My kids griped about going all on the ship. Once we did the tour they loved it. We did the one, back in 2012 with him. I think he has change how he does his tours are now, but he explained in detail points of interest, took us to Lucayan National Park, then our final stop was the Diamond back Restaurant on High Rock beach is. Great food and swimming; a father and son that were with us did some snorkeling. My kids actually hug him. My a nice couple and there daughters who were originally from Ireland and now live on the island. My boys loved it and told me we go back they want to do another tour with Jeff. Angel72 is right he will get you back in time to be on your ship. Although we were at High Rock a little longer after we ate. We were there about 1 hour or so.

jeff.jpg.2e76a65865f4c9c91323dbe0263ac4b8.jpg

1603070734_highrock.jpg.de579fa7408d15ab57fd134098c2c869.jpg

226948287_goldrock.jpg.82a25b89edd7c7154a179c1164044775.jpg

Edited by Justapeach1
Add pictures

You can hire just about any taxi to take you to Gold Rock Beach or even rent a car if you feel comfortable driving. Once out of town, very little traffic. We pre arranged a mini van taxi for 6 of us and even had them fill a cooler with drinks & lunch.