Best Rum Cakes?

shamrox91

If you go to the Dockyards, there is a rum cake company that has samples you can try---it is right next to the glass blowing studio. I don't remember the name of it (??Bermuda Rum Cake). Also, if you go onto the main street in Hamilton, the Carol Holding Store has samples of different flavors of rumcakes---unfortunately, I don't remember the brand of these either .

My favorite is the Swizzle Rum Cake flavor.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Bermuda Rum Cakes at the Dockyard and there were about 8 different kinds to sample. We picked up the Rum Swizzle. Noticed that Carole Holding was also selling rum cakes but they were made with Bacardi rum and not Bermuda Rum.

We went to Bermuda Rum Cakes at the Dockyard and there were about 8 different kinds to sample. We picked up the Rum Swizzle. Noticed that Carole Holding was also selling rum cakes but they were made with Bacardi rum and not Bermuda Rum.

The rum cakes at Carole Holding were Horton's, which we bought last year as we did not have time to go to the dockyard. They were not as good as the ones made at the Bermuda Rum Cake Company, which I felt were significantly better. For me, the ones at the dockyard were fresher as well as better tasting.

I just looked at the ingredients and Goslings Black Seal Rum was listed along with Premium rum blended in Bermuda. I know that they were freshly made because some flavors were out and the bakers said come back later and we will have them on the shelf again.

If I had to guess, I would say the the Goslings brand rum cakes would come the closest to BRC Co. They also had some rum cakes aboard the ship made in the Virgin Islands, called Tortuga but I didn't try them. If you can't make it to the dockyard, there is a store in St George for both the rum cakes and the glass blowing studio. It also has free samples if you want to try other flavors.

• 6 years later...
Carole holding rum cakes have the baccardi gold rum in them, the cakes are made in the states for carole holding only, due to lack of factories to produce in abundance. The cakes come in 6 different flavors and they are Carole's recipes.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. If I may offer a word of advice, you just reopened a thread that had been inactive for 7 years, and the posters who had questions back then probably got their answers years ago (not that your answer isn't interesting). It's not a very productive approach to posting here.