Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I LOVE cabins by the elevators- and try to get them all the time. If you sail with rude people the people will be rude going down the hall too. so why not be convenienced some.

Your cabins are good choices.

Personally-- I prefer the balconies on caribe since they tend to be bigger.

We completely agree depending on the ship ,,, We have a cruise in April that we actually preferred the aft cabin because it is a small ship an our room is right on the corner . where as we have a August cruise on a larger ship an we were able to get a cabin right by the stairs/elevators ~ an we are traveling with people ... so it makes our cabin a center point if need be , , , We decorate our door , an being right there when we get done the stairs { or elevator } lol ~ just makes it nice :D !

Have a nice day ! ! !

J.L.

Hello to all,

we found a great rate on a spring break cruise to the Eastern Caribbean on the Regal. I can spring for a interior cabin only and chose M224. Any insight on this cabin. Should I call and try and get a cabin that is not next to the dreaded "white space". Any input would be appreciated

As an added note: A608 on the Island Princess is a prime cabin for an Alaskan Cruise. Spent a wonderful week this summer in this cabin and had a great time. Excellent service and balcony. No complaints at all.

I just returned from the Carnival Liberty for an 8 day cruise. DO NOT GET rooms 9207,9211,or 9217. I am a travel agent and was traveling with a small group. All 3 of these rooms had no A/C. We complained continuously but got the side step shuffle. Everyone we talked to had a different excuse. From 75 degrees is normal to the compressor is out and was just replaced and it should be better in a couple of hours.....NEVER HAPPENED..... I almost slapped one sarcastic little bastard that smarted off to my wife while he came to check the temp for the umpteen dozen time. Several other rooms were complaining but it never got better. If we had not gotten a fan on day 1 I don't think we could have made it. 2 other cabins traveling with us did not get a fan because they said they were out! slept with the balcony doors open to keep from sweating to death. Power went off in the front half of the ship while at sea. I mean total darkness....No reason was ever given! Another night the emergency lights were on in our hallway for no apparent reason. This ship obviously has electrical problems that Carnival is ignoring. If something bad happens on that ship (I pray it does not) but if it does remember this post and get a GOOD Lawyer......We have made notes on all that happened on our trip. I fear Carnival Liberty is a Accident waiting to happen....If you are planning on a Cruise (which I Highly Sugggest) Stay away from Carnival Liberty :eek:

I just returned from the Carnival Liberty for an 8 day cruise. DO NOT GET rooms 9207,9211,or 9217. I am a travel agent and was traveling with a small group. All 3 of these rooms had no A/C. We complained continuously but got the side step shuffle. Everyone we talked to had a different excuse. From 75 degrees is normal to the compressor is out and was just replaced and it should be better in a couple of hours.....NEVER HAPPENED..... I almost slapped one sarcastic little bastard that smarted off to my wife while he came to check the temp for the umpteen dozen time. Several other rooms were complaining but it never got better. If we had not gotten a fan on day 1 I don't think we could have made it. 2 other cabins traveling with us did not get a fan because they said they were out! slept with the balcony doors open to keep from sweating to death. Power went off in the front half of the ship while at sea. I mean total darkness....No reason was ever given! Another night the emergency lights were on in our hallway for no apparent reason. This ship obviously has electrical problems that Carnival is ignoring. If something bad happens on that ship (I pray it does not) but if it does remember this post and get a GOOD Lawyer......We have made notes on all that happened on our trip. I fear Carnival Liberty is a Accident waiting to happen....If you are planning on a Cruise (which I Highly Sugggest) Stay away from Carnival Liberty :eek:

My only truly horrible experience was on a Carnival ship during it's first 6-8 months of service! My memory is cued everyday that I wear my Citizen Ecco that I purchased on board with credits provided after much story-telling, including obvious documented lies from the passenger service supervisor (our "problem" was equally shared with two neighbors with whom we talked from aft balcony to aft balcony!) Seems like they all go to the school that trains used car salesmen! It is quite amazing the differences among the companies within the Carnival umbrella--my experience with Princess is that I can expect an answer to any of my questions, often from the specific appropriate department. Unbelievable that poor corporate performance extends to travel agents! Who knew?

DJ:)

I'm sure there are plenty of Carnival-bashing threads already on the Carnival board. Perhaps you folks can go over there and complain.

Things happen. I've had "things" happen on a few Carnival cruises but also on my only RCI and HAL cruises. To extrapolate that your particular issue is one that is permanent and that no one should ever book those cabins on that ship seems a bit extreme to me.

I've found sleeping with the balcony door open just makes it humid in the cabin, but then, I don't like a cabin that's freezing cold. I'm sure that NO a/c would make things a tad uncomfortable, but since I'm only in the cabin to shower and sleep, I could probably survive.

But maybe I can pick up some hints here on how to get some freebies by complaining loudly and often. :rolleyes:

Very subtle wording, but promoting one of those competition-based interactions? Hope you have some other ways of taking care of such frustrations other than minimizing the expressions of others? Yes, you must be the ideal cruise customer who can just absorb all experiences that come his/her way?

For myself, I'm a long-time Carnival stockholder and have expressed several places my surprise at how their brands not only differ (cost/price/performance), but how these companies don't even communicate. For example, if there is a problem with one line, how do others not have the same problem? We can remember the number of months where Carnival vessels were problematic in performance one after the other?

I learned two lessons from our previously cited experience: (1) it matters not what year a ship is built, they all of built of metal and metal does a great job of transferring sound. When selecting a cabin (this topic) ALWAYS consider the function of the space above and below the cabin you are considering. Of course, in hindsight, I demonstrated poor judgement in selecting an aft balcony cabin that was over an entertainment venue, even in a brand new ship (which was lovely and the cabin was lovely and the balcony was wonderful). Considering the sounds in that venue were 80% in our cabin (the floor vibrated from 9pm to 2am) we learned our lesson. The placement of this entertainment venue seemed both random and ill-advised as the potential for windows did not play into placement (or the selection of quiet activities). (2) Because the balcony was so wonderful (the extension aft was open between balconies) we met our "neighbors" who shared their experiences with us: we knew the experiences they had, how they had been offered a move and a rebate -- but our experience was classified to us as "never heard anyone with this complaint" even though others (probably on every prior cruise) had expressed as much! (How many people give the benefit of the doubt when functioning with prior knowledge that such complaints had been registered in the last couple of days? Can you imagine an entertainment venue where loud speakers were attached to the ceiling which was the metal floor of the cabins directly above? What engineering experts thought this a good idea? I was certain that the floor would have been insulated? If impossible, don't you think the sound system would have been relocated? My thought is that this problem never made its presence known in Miami and that passenger services still responds with surprise when told its impossible to sleep in these 3-4 cabins.

DJ:(

We are booked in this cabin 7434 on the Carnival Valor in May and was hopeful that someone could let me know how it is? I know that it seems to be an odd shape and didn't know if that was a bad thing. If anyone would have any pictures of this cabin and wouldn't mind sharing them with me I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for any help I can get. Also how is the Balcony?

Gail

Edited by gmldolphin

Do a search for carnival l shaped cabins. Much information.

Many people like the cabin. I did not

there is no sofa in the cabin and the placement of the TV made it hard to watch unless I laid on the bed on my right side

Much of the cabin is useless space.

The only place to get dressed was the dark hall or the 3 sq feet in front if the vanity. Good luck with doing it with two people.

Sure the balcony is longer but how much space do you need for two people

For the same amount if money take the regular cabin. And get much more move around space in the cqbib

• 4 weeks later...
We are looking to book 1299 or 1286 on Carnival Conquest next year. We know it's at the bottom of the ship. We don't mind the walking. Any thoughts otherwise.

Its not located at the bottom of the ship. There are quite a few decks under that area too

Will we hear noise from the elevator or theatre in 2264 on carnival conquest?

the elevator is located in a seperate bank. you should not hear noise from the elevator.

show room you are located towards the back-- you will get the thump thimp of the base but you will be at the shows anyways.. other then that you should not get the noise from that area either

We have just booked ocean view cabin A842 on Holland America Maasdam

for a 49 day cruise. Can anyone give me any info on this cabin? We have

always had a balcony cabin before, but the price was prohibitive for one on this cruise. I'm concerned because this cabin is on A Deck aft. Any info would be

greatly appreciated.

We are looking to book 1299 or 1286 on Carnival Conquest next year. We know it's at the bottom of the ship. We don't mind the walking. Any thoughts otherwise.

I actually like being on Riviera. It's fairly quiet down there. You hear no noise from the crew deck below and there's a cabin-only deck above.

I always take the stairs when I cruise (to help offset caloric consumption), so that long climb every morning is a good way to jumpstart my metabolism. ;)

Those cabins are fairly centrally located. You should feel very little ship movement. Of course, that totally depends on the seas on any given voyage.

But for me, I wouldn't hesitate to book one of those cabins.

Can anyone offer any advice on which is the better room on Coral Princess for an Alaskan cruise please? C717 is obviously that little but cheaper as it's aft. There is only two of us cruising, my mum & I.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15431531&postcount=15

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15431578&postcount=16

other then this-- i can not help you. I suggest you get to the Princess Board and ask others there

• 3 weeks later...
Hi new to this but has anyone stayed in room 6201 aboard solstice we know it's obstructed view but how obstructed ?

All category 2D cabins have obstructed view when looking down to the water and slightly obstructed horizon view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYWRQw7FUXM

I am a planner and tend to plan 6 months to one year ahead. Have done this for next 3 June (Barcelona/Venice) making cabin selection (two mini-suites) and their location to hold 7 passengers with convenience. Understood that there would be an April dry dock, so just thought, Great -- new carpet and mattresses! Actually in this dry dock, cabins become suites, activity spaces move, and laundry rooms as well. Our two adjacent balcony cabins were no longer adjacent and were changed, without us or our TA being notified! Now we are directly in front of the door to the laundry room (which have been moved from the other hallway) and there is no available pair of port cabins available! I am truly amazed at the lack of consideration and sense demonstrated in a variety of situations, but we just live a bear it? The is the Island Princess, a Panama-class vessel that is being fitted with a large proportion of upscale cabins (even taking up the margins of public spaces). Apparently the city of Venice is restricting the size of ships that can sail into its harbor and obviously interfering with profit margins. Everyone please remember that these ships are made of metal which does a great job in carrying sound. You may think it strange for loud speakers to be mounted on the ceilings of entertainment venue over which cabins are placed -- but engineers aren't concerned and customer service reps just learn to act surprised when told about being kept up through the night!

DJ:(