Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Which is a better cabin? I have cabin 7372 booked on the Conquest Feb 2015 sailing, this is midship. However I see that there is a cabin #9273 on the Lido deck that is in the midship area and since were are traveling with our kids thought it might be a better room to be closer to the pools and food. Thoughts anyone? is it too busy? My eldest daughter gets motions sick would this not be a good cabin for motion? We usually play it safe on Deck 6 or 7 midship, but I do like being near the stairs.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Which is a better cabin? I have cabin 7372 booked on the Conquest Feb 2015 sailing, this is midship. However I see that there is a cabin #9273 on the Lido deck that is in the midship area and since were are traveling with our kids thought it might be a better room to be closer to the pools and food. Thoughts anyone? is it too busy? My eldest daughter gets motions sick would this not be a good cabin for motion? We usually play it safe on Deck 6 or 7 midship, but I do like being near the stairs.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

I prefer the cabin on deck 7. You will walk out your cabin and turn right-- the stairs/elevators are right there- - 2 decks up is the food and entertainment is 2 decs down. the only time you need to travel is to get to the show lounge.

Deck 9 although located on the lido deck-- its still a further walk to the food.

Deck 7 would be be more convenient. above and below cabin space- away from noise issues. Lower for your daughter for motion sickness. and probably cheaper then the one on deck 9

My mum and I are going on our first cruise for her 80th birthday. We are booked on Royal Princess M131. Thoughts? My dad was a Marine Engineer on 900 foot long ships so we have sailed before and my mum use to go on the ship for a 1-2 week long trip through the Great Lakes, although there was no balcony in my dad's cabin. I don't think motion sickness will be a problem for either of us.

Edited by cdnphotogirl

I am with an inside at the very aft area of the celebrity silhouette . Am I going to have problems of vibration, noise or other. Thanks for any experiences, on deck 9.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hello-

Has anyone stayed in these cabins before? I am looking at the deck layout and I am a little concerened becasue the bridge is right below and right above it looks like a blank area so I am not sure what this could be? I am planning on treating myself for my 35th b-day next year and I love the idea of this cabin. But I would like it quiet:)

I just found this forum, it's great! As I look at many of the signatures that list the various ships and dates people have cruised, I only wish I had kept track over the past 20 years! I think we have been on about 10-12 cruises over this time, it would be nice to be able to stroll down memory lane with the dates and ships!

Anyway, my question ... We are booked on the Carnival Breeze cabin 2424 in a few weeks. Any input/comments on this room? We typically have stayed on deck 7 on most of our Carnival cruises, and with only 1 exception, we've never had any issues with noise (that time we were in a cabin right below Camp Carnival and suffered through the noise of kids running and jumping all the time!). This time I notice we are near the elevators and below the galley, anyone have experience with this cabin, will we have noise problems?

This is my first post, sorry if it was too long...

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Do not book Legend of the Seas 7003, 7005, 7007, 7501, 7503, 7505, 7507, 7117, 7119, 7121, 7619 or 7621 unless you will have the beds set up separate. When the beds are together, you can't get out of bed on either side without climbing over the end of the bed. There is only one night table so it gets crammed on one side pushing the bed almost against the wall on the other side. We did a 10 night cruise in room 7005 and we were so frustrated by the end that we swore we'd never cruise RC again! The rooms are EXTREMELY small, which wouldn't be that big of a deal if not for the bed configuration. Also, none of these rooms have refrigerators.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyway, my question ... We are booked on the Carnival Breeze cabin 2424 in a few weeks. Any input/comments on this room? We typically have stayed on deck 7 on most of our Carnival cruises, and with only 1 exception, we've never had any issues with noise (that time we were in a cabin right below Camp Carnival and suffered through the noise of kids running and jumping all the time!). This time I notice we are near the elevators and below the galley, anyone have experience with this cabin, will we have noise problems?

This is my first post, sorry if it was too long...

Thanks in advance for any comments!

You wouldn't by chance be on the June 1st sailing would you?

Hubby and I are in room #2421 under the galley as well. My advice is to just invest in some good earplugs!

Sent from my KFTHWA using Forums mobile app

You wouldn't by chance be on the June 1st sailing would you?

Hubby and I are in room #2421 under the galley as well. My advice is to just invest in some good earplugs!

Sent from my KFTHWA using Forums mobile app

Hey, we are the week before you on 5/24!

Guess we will pack some earplugs...

Returned on Sunday from a cruise on Carnival Pride. I upgraded myself from a French Door cabin to an aft balcony for a whopping $15. I had 4230 on Miracle, so picked 4232 for Pride.

While having a balcony was a nice treat (only my 3rd in 21 cruises), I was mildly disappointed. Besides having really inconsiderate neighbors who apparently slept all day and stayed up all night, letting the balcony door slam, smoking and bellowing on their balcony (with lights on) at all hours, the cabin had a tremendous amount of shaking, much more than I'd experienced on Miracle.

It was most pronounced on the first and last night. I don't know if that was due to sailing at reduced speeds in the bay, but the shaking kept waking me up that last night, so I had a terrible night's sleep and had a 5+ hr drive home.

The view is fantastic, but, sadly, I'm just not sure I'd book one of those cabins again.

Returned on Sunday from a cruise on Carnival Pride. I upgraded myself from a French Door cabin to an aft balcony for a whopping $15. I had 4230 on Miracle, so picked 4232 for Pride. While having a balcony was a nice treat (only my 3rd in 21 cruises), I was mildly disappointed. Besides having really inconsiderate neighbors who apparently slept all day and stayed up all night, letting the balcony door slam, smoking and bellowing on their balcony (with lights on) at all hours, the cabin had a tremendous amount of shaking, much more than I'd experienced on Miracle.

It was most pronounced on the first and last night. I don't know if that was due to sailing at reduced speeds in the bay, but the shaking kept waking me up that last night, so I had a terrible night's sleep and had a 5+ hr drive home. The view is fantastic, but, sadly, I'm just not sure I'd book one of those cabins again.

Aft balcony cabins are often wonderful on itineraries like as in Europe. For example, leaving Belfast and viewing all of the details of the locations where the Titanic was built. Ports in the Caribbean not always as interesting (although the weather influences the value of such a balcony).

It is sad but true that some people board a cruise ship to "let it all out" and show no consideration for others. I've done it myself, taking a New Year's Day cruise out of our local port to locations primarily of value for their beach options. Much better when most of the folks onboard are on the cruise for what they can do at ports (and therefore they go to sleep at night!). Also, I think that the additional expense of the airfare self-selects people who want to have the port experience, not the drink and scream all-night experience!

DJ:(

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the best part of the ship to be on for those who experience sea sickness?

Mid Ship. I was leery about sea sickness on our first cruise, although it turned out to be a complete non-issue as the Oasis is so huge that no movement was felt anyway short of extreme weather like a hurricane. We sailed through a nasty storm and still nothing. With that said, the best spot is mid-ship on a deck half-way up. Otherwise there is more movement forward than there is aft. The other factor is where you are sailing and what time of year you are doing it in. For example, if you sail in the Caribbean during hurricane season the ships normally leave port pronto and detour away from the hurricane but you will still feel rock 'n' roll up to 1000km away even on a mega-ship. Drake passage is a nightmare pretty well anytime. If you are concerned, wear a patch behind the ear. They gradually release a Gravol-type thing.

Where is the best part of the ship to be on for those who experience sea sickness?

low and midship.

the higher you go you might be able to feel the sway of the ship

Thank you. We are mid ship but in the back, and the beginning of hurricaine season to the caribbean. We def. will be getting a patch! Hope we dont get sea sick!

how far in the back?

as long as you are before the aft elevator you should be fine.

Nope behind the elevators:( oh well we shall see. Thats why they make medicine for it.

Should be fine. They are predicting a quiet hurricane season this year and furthermore, in general, the Caribbean is a calm sea. It is not like sailing Indian Ocean, Pacific Ocean or even the Mediterranean.

What deck are you on? There is movement at both the top and the bottom, so a deck half way up is best, but if not, then better to go down a few, then up a few. Also inside cabins are more stable than outside.