Carnival Miracle Cabin 4226 Question

Hi Folks,

I am going on a cruise (carnival Miracle) this summer on my honeymoon, this is my first cruise for and me and my fiancé and we are really excited, however I’ve been preparing and while doing that I decided to look for reviews and videos/photos about the room, and I was surprised to find out most of those are horrible reviews and warnings about the room 4226/4235, people were saying it’s a smoking area near it, and the windows looks at a stairwell where people can see the room, and people come in and out slamming door all the time in that stairwell, and there is 0 privacy, I am really worried that I picked the wrong room , I picked this room which is a junior suite, and I thought a suite will be a good investment and it will have the best amenities and better privacy and balcony than regular rooms. However I found this video (link below) which shows the cabin that is opposite to 4226, and it looks really great, but now I am really confused and thought asking on the forums would help since I can hear really recent reviews from cruisers, thanks in advanced.

http://cdevroe.com/videos/tour-suite-4235/

:confused:

the video is from 2010 and carnival has changed their smoking policy since then.

Although I can not see where that smoking area was.

the stairwell is crew area. passengers should not be using that stairwell. I dont see where those stairs take you as they are only on one deck.

Consider moving to a regular cabin.

extended balcony.

if you can find 8232 or 7258 available-- jump on it instantly.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

if you decide to move that junior suite= do not take 9205/9206 as it only has a standard balcony.

if you decide to move up to a regular suite- stay off deck 5 as that is just one big room and just not worth the suite price

Thanks for your reply, I am more concerned about the privacy and the room space more than the balcony, but are you saying the room I picked has a really small balcony? From the video I had in the original post it looked good enough for me to sit and have breakfast or a nice cup of coffee, but the one you showed in the pic in really nice and big.

the balcony you have now is very narrow.

extended balcony will have much more space.

the one pictured above-- there are only 3 of those type balconies on the entire ship.

but extended balconys will have move space.

your balcony will be as wide as the cabin. but like i said--its narrow

Thanks for your reply, I am more concerned about the privacy and the room space more than the balcony, but are you saying the room I picked has a really small balcony? From the video I had in the original post it looked good enough for me to sit and have breakfast or a nice cup of coffee, but the one you showed in the pic in really nice and big.

People above you can not look into your balcony.

Privacy? the balcony on either side is separated by a divider.

People can hear you and can see silhouetted shadows.

283588686EXGGKZ_th.jpg

no balcony on any cruise ship is totally private.

the cabin will look similar to this:

281911837BZcWTa_th.jpg

although you will not have a upper bed..

281913240VcQhWU_th.jpg

People above you can not look into your balcony.

Privacy? the balcony on either side is separated by a divider.

People can hear you and can see silhouetted shadows.

283588686EXGGKZ_th.jpg

no balcony on any cruise ship is totally private.

the cabin will look similar to this:

281911837BZcWTa_th.jpg

although you will not have a upper bed..

281913240VcQhWU_th.jpg

Great ! Thanks for your help and advice.

From the video I had in the original post it looked good enough for me to sit and have breakfast or a nice cup of coffee, but the one you showed in the pic in really nice and big.

room service breakfast is continental only. there is no hot breakfast available.

the table on the balcony is a small parsons type table-- not one that you can sit at and eat

room service breakfast is continental only. there is no hot breakfast available.

the table on the balcony is a small parsons type table-- not one that you can sit at and eat

Oh I didn't know that, I thought they do have hot breakfast, but oh well, thats fine, I can always go to the Main Dinning Room.

I'll speak from experience.

4226 is one large room, nothing like 4228 (my favorite). The stairwell IS a public stairwell, it goes down to deck three (we use this access frequently). It doesn't get used much; if your cabin is not in that area you wouldn't know about it. Used to experience smokers there, but not so much in the last few years. If you leave your drapes open, people using the stairs can look in your room (but again, hardly anyone uses those stairs). Tiny balcony, maybe 2/3 the size of a standard balcony.

This cabin offers a lot of floorspace and storage. Laundry is directly across the hall. VIP privelages. Being an aft area balcony there is no hall traffic. Dining room is one floor below (no noise issues). Closest elevator goes up to area between aft pool and lido buffet.

In the end, you'll worry more about the "potential problems" than you actually experience. We value balcony time, so the size of this balcony is the deal killer for us. Personally, I don't think the floorspace is worth the extra money, but you may.

Oh I didn't know that, I thought they do have hot breakfast, but oh well, thats fine, I can always go to the Main Dinning Room.

room service menu:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/roomService.htm

breakfast service

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalSpirit/Alaska/Vancouver/pic2/DSC00252.JPG

dining room:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new_11_11/index.htm

Buffet has the same variety as the dining room- even an omelet station

I'll speak from experience.

4226 is one large room, nothing like 4228 (my favorite). The stairwell IS a public stairwell, it goes down to deck three (we use this access frequently). It doesn't get used much; if your cabin is not in that area you wouldn't know about it. Used to experience smokers there, but not so much in the last few years. If you leave your drapes open, people using the stairs can look in your room (but again, hardly anyone uses those stairs). Tiny balcony, maybe 2/3 the size of a standard balcony.

This cabin offers a lot of floorspace and storage. Laundry is directly across the hall. VIP privelages. Being an aft area balcony there is no hall traffic. Dining room is one floor below (no noise issues). Closest elevator goes up to area between aft pool and lido buffet.

In the end, you'll worry more about the "potential problems" than you actually experience. We value balcony time, so the size of this balcony is the deal killer for us. Personally, I don't think the floorspace is worth the extra money, but you may.

Thanks for your relpy and information.

room service menu:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/roomService.htm

breakfast service

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalSpirit/Alaska/Vancouver/pic2/DSC00252.JPG

dining room:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new_11_11/index.htm

Buffet has the same variety as the dining room- even an omelet station

Thanks! Those links are really helpful, I didn’t know of these options.

Carnival steak house is an awesome option:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/Menus/chefsArt.htm this option is 30.00pp

and dont forget the grill for hamburgers/hotdogs and grilled chicken sandwiches.

and the asian station that is opened from 11:30- 2:30 every day.

or the deli that is opened fro 11am til 11pm.

--

carnival site has "funship dollars" that allows you to prepay as much of your sign and sail account as possible.

this is also something to ask for in a gift registry.

what you dont use by the end of the week- you get refunded back in the way of a check on the last night

Edited by serene56

Carnival steak house is an awesome option:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/Menus/chefsArt.htm this option is 30.00pp

and dont forget the grill for hamburgers/hotdogs and grilled chicken sandwiches.

and the asian station that is opened from 11:30- 2:30 every day.

or the deli that is opened fro 11am til 11pm.

--

carnival site has "funship dollars" that allows you to prepay as much of your sign and sail account as possible.

this is also something to ask for in a gift registry.

what you dont use by the end of the week- you get refunded back in the way of a check on the last night

That's really nice! I made reservations a week ago for Nick & Nora's Steakhouse, That's the same one right ?

• 5 months later...

I never had the chance to post after coming back from the cruise, the ship and the room were amazing, me and my wife enjoyed every moment on the ship and the islands.

Room is absolutely private, very big, balcony is not bad at all, I thought it would be smaller, but it’s really not bad at all , I really liked it , and I will absolutely go again on the same cruise.

I uploaded some pics hope they will help someone in the future.

483284_10151029827143903_2089789692_n.jpg.884efcf51159c0ccfad665531d410276.jpg

426943_10151029827668903_204257274_n.jpg.eff02b7fb3c36001b1b91d3f8b4bea2a.jpg

318870_10151029827913903_2131660191_n.jpg.11e43dfcc109229be7a5742f6daced5a.jpg

391483_10151030060238903_1390949697_n.jpg.4175ae071d65ed4f947ed75b0e97eb56.jpg

599410_10151030113893903_1012172370_n.jpg.a6a96d29d3809a5c604e578bb578c007.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I never had the chance to post after coming back from the cruise, the ship and the room were amazing, me and my wife enjoyed every moment on the ship and the islands.

Room is absolutely private, very big, balcony is not bad at all, I thought it would be smaller, but it’s really not bad at all , I really liked it , and I will absolutely go again on the same cruise.

I uploaded some pics hope they will help someone in the future.

Is that 4226 or 4235? Were there stairs outside your window? That JS looks so much bigger than the others. Maybe I should change from our OS.

Is that 4226 or 4235? Were there stairs outside your window? That JS looks so much bigger than the others. Maybe I should change from our OS.

This is 4226, yes there were stairs outside the windows, but I only heard someone going there once the first day we were leaving port, never heard anything or saw anybody over there after that, no one smoking no one hanging out there like it used to be, privacy is not an issue in this room, no one can see you easily from there if they are just going down or up the stairs, and I know that this stair is only for the crew. I was on a 9 days cruise and I loved that room, I will consider it again, the room is really big and nice, the only thing people complain about is the balcony size, which wasn’t an issue for me at all, I found it to be big enough, me and my wife enjoyed the views and spending time on the balcony. Check the pics I posted on the first page of the post, there is a picture of the balcony and the room, I also took a panorama picture of the room.

Edited by DarKnight_360