Special Needs at Sea

kit9172

I just got the pricing for my PC cruise and they told me they charge my credit card immediately and if I don't go on the cruise they don't refund my monies. Has this happened to anyone else. Also insure my trip does not include this they say. I can't believe that they can do this. Any thoughts? Thanks

I just got the pricing for my PC cruise and they told me they charge my credit card immediately and if I don't go on the cruise they don't refund my monies. Has this happened to anyone else. Also insure my trip does not include this they say. I can't believe that they can do this. Any thoughts? Thanks

I have used Special Needs at Sea several times. I find them to very helpful and competent. My contract says that I can cancel up to 8 days before my cruise and only lose $50. Cancelling after that results in full forfeit of my costs. (This applies in the US only. Other locations have different policies.)

You most likely misunderstand as all cancelation terms are clearly stated on the contract. As the pervious poster stated there is a $50.00 cancelation fee prior to a 7 or 8 days prior to the actual service date. After no refund.

Call the rep back .

RE: Insurance - Travel insurance does not cover such items. However check your homeowners insurance as it may provide coverage depending on the type of policy. Also check your credit card company as many include purchase/rental coverage insurance.

Edited by xxoocruiser

• 1 month later...

I also was told that I can cancel up to seven days before for only a $50 penalty. I am heading out on the allure of the seas and I rented a shower wheelchair and a hospital bed for a total of $375.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I have also delt with them and have been very satisfied. I had to cancel a cruise within the 7-8 days in January as I had to cancel the cruise. Husband had an emergency hospital stay and blood transfusion. When I told them this, they told me that they would hold the amount I paid as a credit on the account for 6 months and if we sailed within that time frame, they would apply it to the new reservation. Did not expect that as I knew I was within the nonrefundable time frame.

Glad you got things clarified.