Pan Pacific Booked for Canada Day, TA had a great price

Fog123

I am a firm believer in doing as much on-line searching for best rates as I can, particularly for hotel rates. In general I haven't found TAs to be overly useful for hotel bookings as I can usually do better with on-line searching. The best available rate I could find for the Pan Pacific was in the neighbourhood of $300 for a fully refundable room, and $250 for a pay now, no refunds room. Those are the "all-in" prices including taxes.

We've been dealing with a Vancouver branch of a national TA for our travel plans because I was hoping she had more insight into the cruises. The Vancouver TA has been great to deal with and when she offered to look for hotels for me I said "sure" but wasn't really expecting a lot.

She was able to get me the $250 rate fully refundable for July 1. Nice! It isn't necessarily a price savings, but I'll take the additional flexibility where I can.

I guess I'll need to consider TAs for hotels more often in the future.

Final payment due today for the cruise, and points eligible flights came available the other night so everything is set for now. 75 more days to go!

Looking forward to Canada Day in Vancouver. If anyone has suggestions of Canada Day specific activities, feel free to send them along.

Edited by Fog123

You wont have to go far for the Canada Day celebrations as Canada Place is the main entertainment hub for the day. There will be lots of activities for kids of all ages, there will be a parade and evening fireworks - you might even see me as once again this year i will be volunteering for several events that day..

Cheers!

Dennis

Just found out that the deal was even better than we thought. The price above INCLUDES breakfast and free internet. We're thinking of upgrading to a harbour view room. It'll be nice to wake up,throw back the curtains, and go "ooh, there's our ship".

Our TA is our hero!

Just found out that the deal was even better than we thought. The price above INCLUDES breakfast and free internet. We're thinking of upgrading to a harbour view room. It'll be nice to wake up,throw back the curtains, and go "ooh, there's our ship".

Our TA is our hero!

Go ahead and upgrade! You only live once.

I did the same thing. I booked the PP because it was so convenient and, what the heck, we deserve a treat once in a while, right? Then I went for the harbour view, and the whole Alaska cruise package!

I will get double Aeroplan miles, too. More, if I use the right credit card!!