Coco Cay - snorkel equipment

dreday3

Hi, is there a place on Coco Cay that we can rent snorkel equipment for the day and just kind of go ourselves? If so, do you know how much?

We also want to rent a cabanette. I read it's $50 and on barefoot beach and that you book once you board ship. We will be on FOS, do you know where we go to book?

Thanks!

There is a large rental shack on Coco ... you can't miss it. On Coco there is a marked and 'lifeguarded' snorkeling area. You don't have to explore via a tour ... you pretty much explore as much or as little as you want.

I suppose you could also go to other beaches on the island and snorkel ... can't say I've heard anything about anyone doing it tho cuz the 'marked area' is considered above average by most folks . . .

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm bumping because I can't seem to find the prices of renting snorkel equipment on Cococay. I'm debating buying equipment vs renting when we get there. But renting all equipment for 4 people will be rather costly. Does anyone know what they charge at the Snorkel Shack?