WWYD? Galveston hotel choices

aggieastrosfan

We're sailing on the Ecstasy on 12/12, and staying in town the night before for the rehearsal dinner for my brother's wedding on the ship.

I'm trying to save money where possible, but we also want to have a nice stay with our car safely parked while we're away. We're currently booked at the Hilton for $125 total. Lighthouse parking would be another $35. I found today that I can book the Best Western for $60 total, and that includes parking, but we're not too sure how safe our car would be.

Best Western would save us $100, but DH just isn't sure about the safety of our car while we're gone. We also have DH's parents and sister staying at the Hilton the night before, so they obviously want us to stay there as well.

Would you keep the Hilton reservation, or switch to Best Western? The BW rate is prepaid and non-refundable.

If it's just your car you are worried about, then it should be just as safe at the Best Western as it would be at the Hilton. Both of them have parking lots that are open. I've never stayed at the Best Western. Why don't you check the reviews on the TripAdvisor website? That should give you more insight as to the quality of the hotel...there are many reviews on there from people who have visited the hotel and they usually have photos of the property a well.

We're sailing on the Ecstasy on 12/12, and staying in town the night before for the rehearsal dinner for my brother's wedding on the ship.

I'm trying to save money where possible, but we also want to have a nice stay with our car safely parked while we're away. We're currently booked at the Hilton for $125 total. Lighthouse parking would be another $35. I found today that I can book the Best Western for $60 total, and that includes parking, but we're not too sure how safe our car would be.

Best Western would save us $100, but DH just isn't sure about the safety of our car while we're gone. We also have DH's parents and sister staying at the Hilton the night before, so they obviously want us to stay there as well.

Would you keep the Hilton reservation, or switch to Best Western? The BW rate is prepaid and non-refundable.

We stayed at the BW two years ago, and our car was fine in their lot...they also have a really good free breakfast...much better than most...at least they did two years ago ...we've stayed at three different places in Galveston, leaving our car in their lots each time, and never had an issue....guess there are no guarentees, but we dont worry about it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to find this Thread with good info!

We are trying to decide between the Holiday Inn on the Beach, which offers "limited" shuttle service and free parking for the week, vs the Quality Inn, which offers free parking but no shuttle. Any recommendations? Would you recommend taxi service to/from the Quality Inn, and how much would that cost? Thanks much!

Archived