Any recent reviews of an UnCruise tour?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going on that exact cruise next Saturday. I'm planning on writing about it extensively--and taking millions of photos. For now, feel free to follow me on Instagram (if you do that--you can access it through the link in my signature) but I promise I'll report back as soon as I return!

• 1 month later...
Booked for this trip next year already. Will look forward to hearing more and seeing your photos.

fabulous choice! i'm already looking at a san juan islands cruise in october (it is craft beer themed...that may have something to do with it...) i REALLY liked uncruise. it is very...un. ;-)

• 1 month later...
fabulous choice! i'm already looking at a san juan islands cruise in october (it is craft beer themed...that may have something to do with it...) i REALLY liked uncruise. it is very...un. ;-)

We are looking at that cruise as well (my husband is really into craft beer and I've been dying to go to the San Juans so...) but I couldn't find much info about Un Cruise. Your blog is great BTW...I was wondering what the clientele is like on the Un Cruise experience??

• 4 months later...
We did 3 weeks with Un-Cruise last year (May-June 2013) plus a trip to Denali.

Here is my (very long) photo/blog of our trip. There are links to sections to make it easier to,just check out samples.

We had an excellent time with Un-Cruise Adventures.

Our Ultra Alaska Un-Cruise

We are considering a trip on the un-cruise line for 2016 and would love to hear your experiences.

We are considering a trip on the un-cruise line for 2016 and would love to hear your experiences.

I'm not sure the link to my report is working - here is the link again:

Our Ultra UnCruise

If you don't want to look at the detailed report, here it is in a nutshell. We had a fantastic time, and are planning to go back in 2016 with our adult children and grandkids.

I found your report late last night and couldn't stop reading it until I was through the entire 3 weeks. Wow! We are thinking ahead to 2016 and our 35th wedding anniversary so this is awesome information. Thank you for posting so quickly!!!!

We're thinking of one of the Navigator cabins on the W. Discoverer on the Ultimate Bays and Fjords itinerary. I realize your cabin was two floors up from where these are but do you remember about the engine noise in the cabin area of the main deck?

Does this itinerary seem to have the best parts of your trip? Here's the highlights from the fjords/bays trip:

Two exclusive days in Glacier Bay—UNESCO World Heritage Site and Biosphere Reserve

View stunning glaciers throughout Glacier Bay National Park

Wildlife and whalewatching in Icy Strait and Frederick Sound

South Marble Island sea lion haulout and spectacular birding

Wilderness hikes in Glacier Bay National Park and along Chichagof Island’s waterfall coast

Explore remote scenic bays via kayak, paddle board, and skiff

Discover isolated coves and dramatic Misty Fjords National Monument

Visit Wrangell's Kiksetti Totem Park and Chief Shakes Tribal House

Your thoughts please!

Apparently I'm set up for email notifications so that's why I was able to respond quickly :)

Oops - sorry about keeping you awake. As I said in the report, all 3 weeks were good, but looks like you are picking the same 2 weeks we will be repeating. We are also going to try to get on the Wilderness Discoverer.

About engine noise - the only complaints we heard were from folks who had the cabins very close to the engines. Others on the main deck closer to the galley area said they had to suffer through early morning smells of fresh baking bread and pastries ;). I don't recall engine noise being an issue when in the main lounge/ dining area. You will hear the noise from setting or pulling the anchor no matter where you are on the boat - but this wasn't a real issue.

Good Luck with your plans.