Disney Cruise with 2 year old?

Love2CruiseRCI

If you want a "family" vacation, you'll take your child. If you want a couple's vacation...don't bring him!

True, at 2 years, he won't remember much...but YOU will! That's what it's all about! Having your child with you on vacation isn't different from having to care for your child at home, or anywhere else....

If you want a "family" vacation, you'll take your child. If you want a couple's vacation...don't bring him!

True, at 2 years, he won't remember much...but YOU will! That's what it's all about! Having your child with you on vacation isn't different from having to care for your child at home, or anywhere else....

Thank you! He is our first child and we have yet to be on vacation with him. He is only 7 months old right now so this summer will be our first vacation with him. I think he would love it but some family members thing he is too young. I know it's all about personal preference!

We took our 2.5 year old on our first Disney cruise last year and it was the best vacation we've ever had. So much that we just got back from our second Disney cruise a couple days ago. First cruise was on Magic and second was on Fantasy.

Read my review from last year's cruise in the link below. My review of Fantasy should be ready in a couple days.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2161780

Any further questions let me know.

Enjoy and have fun!

Tagong- Thanks for posting your review! It sounds like you had a great time on the Magic. I was especially curious about the nursery so I'm glad you had a section about that!

Did you have any issues with the strollers around the ship? We have never sailed with kids and I never paid too much attention to those kind of details.

Did you have any issues with the strollers around the ship? We have never sailed with kids and I never paid too much attention to those kind of details.

Bring a small umbrella stroller and keep it in your cabin. Guest Services has big strollers available as loaners if you find you want a big one for excursions. I do not presume that you would do this, but strollers left in the hall are a nuisance to the stateroom hosts as well as guests needing to use mobility assist devices. Of course, leaving them in the hall also poses the risk of theft or damage. And yes, we've seen tween "gangs" take strollers for walks.

Love2CruiseRCI - thanks for kind words. Like moki said take a smaller umbrella stroller. We have on all our cruises and never had an issue. It was useful for naps on sea days when neither I nor my wife wanted to hang in the room we would just walk around the track on deck 4 while my daughter slept. Also good for sleeping and getting around ports. I'd take a small one for sure if it works for your family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tagong- Thanks for posting your review! It sounds like you had a great time on the Magic. I was especially curious about the nursery so I'm glad you had a section about that!

Im currently reviewing the Magic. We took our son (turning 3 in March) back in January. I will be highlighting the nursery as well!

We recently sailed on the Dream with our 7 year old and our 2 year old twins. All kiddies had a ball! We hardly saw our oldest because he wanted to spend most of his time in the kids club. The twins soaked in everything around them! They had so much fun exploring the ship, playing with the toys in the nursery, meeting characters, etc. I didn't think they would be interested in the shows but we took them to two shows and they were glued to what was happening. I would not hesitate to take a two year old! And as the pp said, they won't remember, but we sure will! I have amazing photos and videos that the kids enjoy looking at from time to time.

Go and have fun!

I'm still at it. Sorta slow going, but check back as I have more info on the nursery up today.

Great info on the nursery! It looks so bright and clean and like your son really enjoyed it. I also like the activities they had planned throughout the course of the cruise. The hours are really accommodating if you want some adult time during the day or evening.