Current Beverage pkg cost in US$

mackfam

Just wondering if the cost of the beverage packages in US$ are still $20 for Royal Replenish and $49 for the ultimate.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm better off buying ahead of time in CAD or waiting until onboard and then dealing with the conversion later. I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy a month ago before they adjusted the CAD price.

Also, is it true that they're bumping gratuities to 18%, and if so, when does this take effect?

So is 18% automatically added to all individual drink purchases across the board now?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You need to check out this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159570&page=23

BUY your drink package onboard.

Assuming that you purchased your cruise in CDN$ from your first post. There is a deal right now that you can purchase US$ OBC at an exchange rate of $1.10 CDN$. That's $500 US for only $550 CDN$. Call C&A or gifts and gear.

Basically you will not see an exchange rate as it is classed as a gift purchase. No different than purchasing a drink package or shore excursion.

Once onboard you can use this US$OBC to purchase drink packages, excursions or basically anything.

Another tip....if you have not prepaid your gratuities you need to ask C& A how much it would cost to prepay them. Many of us have been able to pay $82.50 CDN$ for 7 nights that would cost us $84 US onboard.

Gratuities are already at the 18% on board. They did not wait or give any advance notice.