Breakaway Embarkation and Time To Arrive at Pier

maxwellito

Just saw a video of someone arriving at the pier in NYC

There was a huge line of people waiting to check in their luggage before you arrive inside the terminal

Did anyone experience this?

Also, What is the best time to arrive at the pier?

I know the ship leaves an hour earlier then the Gem does.

Any thoughts on each

Thanks!!

This summer we arrived at 10:45 to no lines at luggage drop off. We waited about 1 hr if that for our group to board. Cabins were ready before 1 pm and we dropped our carryons prior to exploring the beautiful Breakaway and enjoying lunch.

We found embarkation and disembarkment to go unbelievably smoothly especially for NYC

Just saw a video of someone arriving at the pier in NYC

There was a huge line of people waiting to check in their luggage before you arrive inside the terminal

Did anyone experience this?

Also, What is the best time to arrive at the pier?

I know the ship leaves an hour earlier then the Gem does.

Any thoughts on each

Thanks!!

I saw that same video. And it was raining. Hope to miss this line but don't want to get there too early that we will need to sit in the terminal for hours.

I've gone out of NYC twice before (once on the Breakaway, once on the Star), but this summer we'll be driving and parking at the pier. Does the parking fill up? If I get there at 10:45, will there be space?

I'm trying to figure out when to arrive myself. If we got to the pier around noon, what time should we expect to be on board?

At least an 2 hours or 3 because everyone will be checking in and getting x-ray, those lines can be super long. If you can get in before 11:30am, you'll breeze right though both and be on the boat around 12pm-1pm for lunch time.

Edited by maywell

I've gone out of NYC twice before (once on the Breakaway, once on the Star), but this summer we'll be driving and parking at the pier. Does the parking fill up? If I get there at 10:45, will there be space?

You should be fine. I have parked many times at the pier. Very convenient.

Just note that sometimes it can take awhile to get into the parking lot since after paying the security screens the cars so be prepared for that. Line moves; just slowly.

At least an 2 hours or 3 because everyone will be checking in and getting x-ray, those lines can be super long. If you can get in before 11:30am, you'll breeze right though both and be on the boat around 12pm-1pm for lunch time.

I just want to minimize my waiting once we get there. So 11-11:30 would be less time hanging around in the terminal than noon? Thanks for any info in helping me decide.