Does location really matter that much? (X Eqnx-FV cabin)

scarlett81

<Celeb Equinox Family Ocean View Verandah cabin, May Medit cruise>

Discussion of this room type got me thinking in general about cabin selection. Does it matter that much, and if so, why?

(I chose this room, bc I travel with lots of medical equipment and need space to do my early morning treatments, away from the kids while they sleep. a) I need the space, and the outlets and b) I don't want to wake hubby or little ones up at 5 while I'm doing my treatments. Been there before...its just not worth it.)

I don't have mobility issues. So I don't see why the far walk to the elevators is an issue. It got me wondering, do people get stuck on that bc perhaps of the demographics of the cruise, there tend to be many with mobility issues? Or is it convenience sake? Will it take 30 mins to go get a cup of coffee?

The noise...how bad will it really be? On my particular ship, the Equinox, its a bow cabin. A previous cruiser on a similar ship said the noise from the anchor/porting was very loud.

And deck-wise-the higher the deck, the higher the price. Why? How much time does being higher really save?

So you don't think it will be an issue? I'd like to hear both sides on this.

This room will have me, my 5 yo and my 1 yo and hubby, thats why we've chosen the large family sized room.

In another room will be my dad and mom. My dad has some walking issues, so his cabin is mid-ship, right by the central elevators. The down side is, its a far walk for them to come to us, but we can go to them or just meet upstairs.

Archived