Viking Cruise - Future Cruise Certificates

Bike100

While on a Viking river cruise -- When do they offer to sell cruise certificates, or future cruise discounts? Is this something new they have added?

We have not seen that on our past cruises with them, but it is certainly something we would be interested in.

Can you use certificates purchased on Viking river cruise towards Viking ocean cruise?

Thanks for assist.

While on a Viking river cruise -- When do they offer to sell cruise certificates, or future cruise discounts? Is this something new they have added?

We have not seen that on our past cruises with them, but it is certainly something we would be interested in.

Can you use certificates purchased on Viking river cruise towards Viking ocean cruise?

Thanks for assist.

I'm not certain how long Viking has offered Onboard Cruise Certificates, but the Program Director on both of our Viking cruises mentioned them during a daily briefing.

How it works:

Each certificate cost $100.00 Euro, but the value is $200.00 USD. You may purchase up to 10 certificates, but you can only use two per cruise, which would give you credit of $400.00 USD. There is no expiration date.

Yes, you may use them for river or ocean cruises.

Jeff

• 1 year later...

Don’t get me started on Viking Voucher problems. Our travel agent placed $600 of OBC into our account. This was a gift from him and he even gave us a receipt that stated the OBC was refundable. Well, We never use the credit and of course they refused to give us back the $600. We were told they only option we had was to turn the $600 into $1200 future cruise certificates. When we got home and told our agent what happened and he contacted Viking and even though he had a receipt that stated the money was refundable they yold him NO.

SO ... I stuck will 1200 of future cruise credits that can only be used 400 at a time or can be gifted to someone else (as long as it is done 45 days prior to the depart date of the cruise)

Anybody want some future cruise certificates ???

SCREW VIKING... will NEVER sail with them again

Don’t get me started on Viking Voucher problems. Our travel agent placed $600 of OBC into our account. This was a gift from him and he even gave us a receipt that stated the OBC was refundable. Well, We never use the credit and of course they refused to give us back the $600. We were told they only option we had was to turn the $600 into $1200 future cruise certificates. When we got home and told our agent what happened and he contacted Viking and even though he had a receipt that stated the money was refundable they yold him NO.

SO ... I stuck will 1200 of future cruise credits that can only be used 400 at a time or can be gifted to someone else (as long as it is done 45 days prior to the depart date of the cruise)

Anybody want some future cruise certificates ???

SCREW VIKING... will NEVER sail with them again

This thread is 2 yrs old but it’s good to know Viking has not changed their stripes! :rolleyes: