Bus transportation in Miami

Kris0283

I am leaving for a cruise soon in Miami. I will be flying into Miami the day that my cruise leaves. I did not book the Carnival transportation as I wanted to look into alternative means. I have found a very cheap way of getting to the port, but I am still wondering if it will be a good idea. I was thinking about taking the metrobus in Miami to the port. You can take the 7 and then connect to the seaport connection. This would be $2 a person. Now, we don't have to worry about time, and I already checked and we will be fine with the amount of luggage that we have. But I am still unsure as this would be new to me. Has anyone ever tried this here or anywhere else? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristen

We took the Miami bus to the port, luggage and all and had absolutely no problems. We ran into a couple of locals who were taking a cruise and did the same thing to avoid paying for a cab. IMHO it is the best deal in town.

We were staying downtown, so we got the seaport connection bus downtown to the port, but it sounds like the #7 has fairly frequent runs to downtown from the airport. You could always play it by ear - and have a taxi as plan B, in case your flight is late, etc...

there is a train but it doesn't go near the port....i didn't find it terribly convenient to anything....(but that could just be me!)

best bet for the port is a cab.....you could do a bus (see what the above poster figured out)

the metro rail train connects to the metro mover but a cab is most convenient, followed by the city bus...i found that the buses went almost everywhere i wanted to go..would have saved me walking.....but i wasn't all that familiar with where the buses went in relation to where i was going til i got there and saw...

I did it some years ago but got off in the wrong place. We ended up getting off by the justice complex & taking some kind of tourist shuttle. It worked out to about $1.50 pp. If your luggage is heavy / cumbersome I don't recommend it but I'd do it again in a heart beat.

I did it some years ago but got off in the wrong place. We ended up getting off by the justice complex & taking some kind of tourist shuttle. It worked out to about $1.50 pp. If your luggage is heavy / cumbersome I don't recommend it but I'd do it again in a heart beat.

haha... i think that's where i changed buses....LOOONNGGG line of people getting into the building.....i think people were applying for passports or something else governmental...and it was 2 hours before opening time!

it can be crowded with bags too as city buses weren't built with travelers in mind...but as an aside, what really annoys me is the bus that goes from Dulles to DC/VA. It is pretty much used 90% by people with luggage and the rest by airport workers...there is an overhead luggage rack but it is a pain in the bottom to use it....perhaps they shoudl have used a regualr rack like many hotel shuttles....i'd pay 4 bucks instead of 3 to cover a few lost seats!

Archived