Celebrity trip costa rica favourites pl48

tine-tine

]Has anyone done the above trip with Celebrity? There is not much information on the website and the state the trip lasts 10 hours. For UK we are being charged £95.00 each. i am a bit surprised the trip lasts 10 hours and was wondering if they have included hanging about time waiting for bus to leave, herding trippers etc. Is the trip worth the cost? Is lunch included?

• 5 months later...

Tine-Tine,

We are scheduled to visit this port on the Equinox next year. What did you finally do on your visit and how was the tour? Thanks!

Larry

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just did Costa Rica Favorites on the Celebrity Equinox. There were 3 very similar trips offered on our cruise. The Shore Ex gal explained that they went to different rain forests and trams and were offered by different tour operators. On CR Favorites we were in a brand new bus and the guide was very knowledgeable and was very good. First we went to Tortuguero canals (about 20 minute ride from the port and we were leaving the canals when all the other tours and private excursions were getting there; saw birds and sloths), quick fruit break, 2 hour bus ride to a private rain forest, 70 minute tram ride, lunch (buffet with salads, chicken, beans, rice, plantains, fruit drinks and coffee), short time to shop, trail walk for 45 minutes, 2 hour drive back to the port. The tram and trail walk were in small groups of 6 max with a naturalist with your group. It was a great day, the other 2 tours seemed similar but to a different location that is closer to the port. The 2 hour drive was beautiful and interesting to see the countryside.

The other 2 tours went to Veragua and Tortuguera canals.

I would also love to know if you ended up booking the 'Costa Rica Favorites'. It would be nice to do a tour with a long tram ride and a boat trip, and this looks like the only option on the ships tours.

I would also love to know if you ended up booking the 'Costa Rica Favorites'. It would be nice to do a tour with a long tram ride and a boat trip, and this looks like the only option on the ships tours.

We did take the Costa Rica Favorites and LOVED it. Our guide from Shore excursion, who's name I can't remember, was excellent. We learned alot of culture and history on the comfortable bus ride to the Rain Forest. And yes, it was raining, which meant we didn't see as many birds and animals, but it was so serene. P.S. I'm afraid of heights and it didn't bother me. Michael on the tram was great also. We did the boat ride with our same original guide and a captain oftheboat. Thecruise was great. Saw2and3toedsloths(sorrythere'ssomethingwrongwithmykeyboard,howlermonkeys,kingfisher,egrets,differentcolordherrons and other birds greatfun.EnjoyKathy

• 6 months later...
I just did Costa Rica Favorites on the Celebrity Equinox. There were 3 very similar trips offered on our cruise. The Shore Ex gal explained that they went to different rain forests and trams and were offered by different tour operators. On CR Favorites we were in a brand new bus and the guide was very knowledgeable and was very good. First we went to Tortuguero canals (about 20 minute ride from the port and we were leaving the canals when all the other tours and private excursions were getting there; saw birds and sloths), quick fruit break, 2 hour bus ride to a private rain forest, 70 minute tram ride, lunch (buffet with salads, chicken, beans, rice, plantains, fruit drinks and coffee), short time to shop, trail walk for 45 minutes, 2 hour drive back to the port. The tram and trail walk were in small groups of 6 max with a naturalist with your group. It was a great day, the other 2 tours seemed similar but to a different location that is closer to the port. The 2 hour drive was beautiful and interesting to see the countryside.

The other 2 tours went to Veragua and Tortuguera canals.

Thank you for this info. You helped me make up my mind.