Fiucimino Restaurant Recommendations

tjones62

We will overnight in Fiucimino in a couple of weeks. Are there any recent restaurant recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh,you are staying at the airport..spelling threw me off...it is Fiumicino.FCO is used more on this board.If you do a search through some pages or use the search function you will find post of people who have stayed there and maybe a resto or two.You can also post on Trip Advisor.

Our "go to" restaurant in Fiumcino (the city...not at the airport) is called Amelindo Ristorazine which is located right on Lungomare Della Salute (111b) which is the road that runs right along the sea/beach. This is a large restaurant quite popular with locals and relatively unknown to tourists. In fact, it would be likely that an English speaking couple would find that they are the only folks in the entire place that speaks English. This "unfancy" (is that a word) place has some great seafood (and excellent Pasta) at very reasonable prices. Since we have always been there outside the big tourist season (many Italians will come to Fiumcino to use the beach in hot weather) we always manage to find parking right along the street.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Our "go to" restaurant in Fiumcino (the city...not at the airport) is called Amelindo Ristorazine which is located right on Lungomare Della Salute (111b) which is the road that runs right along the sea/beach. This is a large restaurant quite popular with locals and relatively unknown to tourists. In fact, it would be likely that an English speaking couple would find that they are the only folks in the entire place that speaks English. This "unfancy" (is that a word) place has some great seafood (and excellent Pasta) at very reasonable prices. Since we have always been there outside the big tourist season (many Italians will come to Fiumcino to use the beach in hot weather) we always manage to find parking right along the street.

Hank

Thanks! We will look for this.

I have eaten in Fiumicino quite a few times, but can't remember the restaurant names. There are a number of good fish/seafood restaurants along the seafront. Depending upon which day you are there, there is also an excellent street market, which if I remember correctly is on Saturdays.

I have eaten in Fiumicino quite a few times, but can't remember the restaurant names. There are a number of good fish/seafood restaurants along the seafront. Depending upon which day you are there, there is also an excellent street market, which if I remember correctly is on Saturdays.

We will be there on a Saturday. I stayed at Hotel Tiber one night last year but was too tired from the flight to explore dinner. During a walk the next morning, I saw several restaurants and promised to try one this year.