Warm waterproof jacket for Christmas market cruise

angelle

Any ideas?? I'm hoping to stay around $100. I see the ski jackets on ebay at $60... But they are from china. I would prefer a Columbia or something from a outdoor brand. What is the difference between gore text and waterproof. I know gore tech is usually more expensive. Is it worth it?

If I were you, I'd dress in layers, using a t-shirt, then a sweatshirt or long sleeve t-shirt, and then a rain jacket over top. That way you don't have to worry about lugging something big and bulky around with you. Lightweight layers are easy to pack in zip-locks, saving you room for souvenirs!

Here's a page from REI with their Columbia rain jackets: http://www.rei.com/b/columbia/c/womens-rain-jackets?ir=category%3Awomens-rain-jackets&r=category%3Awomens-clothing|womens-jackets|womens-rain-jackets%3Bb

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gore Tex is a brand name for a waterproof fabric, invented by the Gore company. It is like "Kleenex" - it kind of became the one term for waterproof.

You can look at the Land's End Squall series. I had one years ago and it indeed kept me dry and warm. Unfortunately, a tad more than $100.

If you want to keep at $100, definitely check Sierra Trading Post and then the outlet sections of REI, Backcountry, etc…

After lots of traveling to Europe in the winter (the sport I used to work with was a winter sport), I learned to ditch the big, warm jacket and layer. Get a waterproof shell, then add a down or faux-down sweater/jacket. Don't do fleece - they just don't pack well. When you get home, you've got multiple pieces that you will be able to use at home, rather than one big jacket that only serves as a reminder of your trip...

I'm still looking for the perfect jacket. I like the northface Greenlander ...but I'm worried it may be too heavy. I want a lined, waterproof jacket. I don't want to be cold, I'm thinking about a ski jacket.

I'm looking for a waterproof jacket for cold weather. I'm looking for something cute, I'm thinking parka length....maybe a 3 in 1. I would like a hood. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Go to one of the outlet stores.

I found a light weight down waterproof 3/4 coat at JCPennney clearance for my trip to the Christmas Markets on the Rhine and Main with Vantage on Dec. 7. It was a $200 coat on sale for $50! Its really lightweight and can fold up into a xlarge ziploc bag. I just googled what I wanted and just kept looking. I went to all the usual, llbean, lands end, columbia, STP, etc then to Macy's, Nordstrum's, Lord and Taylor and finally googled a 3/4 light weight waterproof down packable coat and found this one! Now on the hunt for comfy walking tall boots but may not need them since in one post they said if it snows in Germany they keep everything pretty cleaned up so will take my shorter Bear Trap fleece lined boots and keep looking for the tall ones but if I don't find them I won't worry about it.