Travel Scoot in Bermuda

innlady1

We will be in Bermuda the week of May 6, and I am weighing the pros and cons of bringing my Travel Scoot...or not.

I don't need it as much as I did pre hip replacement surgery but if my back pain kicks in, I will want it.

Is it a nuisance to have a scooter while in Bermuda? Is it relatively accessible for scooters?

Buses in Bermuda are still not accessible, although on the side they have the symbol -- as of 4/12 not! TravelScoot since it is so portable may be allowed on as it folds like a stroller -- no luggage area underneath either.

Ferries to Hamilton, Dockyard and St. George's are accessible -- both large ones and catamaran type. You are directed to a separate line and you stay on scooter/wc inside.

Hamilton shopping area has curb cuts -- not always at the corner, but sufficient to get around. Most stores - but not all are accessible.

Saint George's is cobblestoned or bricked and seems to be angled slightly while on the scooter -- it is accessible for the most part except for some eateries and shops. As stated, a slight incline was somewhat bothersome.

Dockyard -- accessible and flat except for steep incline at Museum (

Governor's House). Shops, eateries, all accessible.

Attractions: Zoo/aquarium and Underwater Museum are accessible.

Noted your title -- innlady -- you may want to check out the "English Tea" at the Bermuda Hotel -- left around bend after Hamilton Ferry dock -- 1/4 mile. Very nice treat -- reservations recommended.

Love Bermuda -- it is not perfect, but very enjoyable. Vicki:)

We will also be in Bermuda week of May 6th (Enchantment of the Seas) and I had the same questions. There is one very helpful response below. Can you get to the ferries without taking a bus? I did rent a scooter for the trip, and since then also "inherited" a Pride GoGo Traveller Elite, but will not take this this trip. I had both hips replaced, and they are great, but knees not too great!

I can walk short distances, and then have to stop and rest my knees a few moments to continue. The scooter should be a great help on the ship; I am hoping to make some use in port as well, especially the sometimes long walk from the ship off the dock itself.

HVE A GREAT TRIP! I HOPE WE BOTH HAVE GREAT WEATHER!

We will also be in Bermuda week of May 6th (Enchantment of the Seas) and I had the same questions. There is one very helpful response below. Can you get to the ferries without taking a bus? I did rent a scooter for the trip, and since then also "inherited" a Pride GoGo Traveller Elite, but will not take this this trip. I had both hips replaced, and they are great, but knees not too great!

I can walk short distances, and then have to stop and rest my knees a few moments to continue. The scooter should be a great help on the ship; I am hoping to make some use in port as well, especially the sometimes long walk from the ship off the dock itself.

HVE A GREAT TRIP! I HOPE WE BOTH HAVE GREAT WEATHER!

Same response as I stated on your other post regarding the same things.

Here's the map of the Dockyard area relative to where the cruise ship will be docked. It should be easy with your scooter. http://www.experiencebermuda.com/map...ockyardMap.pdf

We sailed the Enchantment of the Seas to Bermuda last July and I was able to scooter right over from the ship to the Ferry....it was not far and like said was very scooter friendly. We took the ferry to St. George's and the shops near the ferry/waterfront were easy to scoot around the side streets were not as they were very narrow and cobbly.

We sailed the Enchantment of the Seas to Bermuda last July and I was able to scooter right over from the ship to the Ferry....it was not far and like said was very scooter friendly. We took the ferry to St. George's and the shops near the ferry/waterfront were easy to scoot around the side streets were not as they were very narrow and cobbly.

Thanks, Denise...that's helpful!

Same response as I stated on your other post regarding the same things.

Here's the map of the Dockyard area relative to where the cruise ship will be docked. It should be easy with your scooter. http://www.experiencebermuda.com/map...ockyardMap.pdf

That is quite impressive! We'll be docking in Hamilton but will have to take the ferry over to the Dockyard to check it out!

Archived