Transport to port cavnaveral

EXBUS

Could any one tell me the best way to get from orlando to port cavnaveral and what would the cost be ,we dont drive

can you get public transport there:):)

You should be able to purchase transfers from Carnival on your Online check in. :cool: Personally I think you should give South Florida a treat and rent a car and show them how it's done in Ireland!! :p

Lonnie

The carnival shuttle is $35 per person each way. We did it once and it seemed like we spent a lot of time waiting for other people. The bus won't leave until it is full.

We have found that we can rent a car from Thrifty or Dollar for $50-70 and move at our own pace. You can drop your bags at the cruise terminal and then take the car to the rental place. They will then give you a lift back to the terminal. Much faster than the Carnival Shuttle.

After the cruise is over the rental car shuttle will be waiting for you at the terminal.

Edited by Titan_Cruiser

Titan, OP said they don't drive and needed public transportation which is why I suggested the Carnival shuttle. Like you, I drive to the port with a rental. I pick it up at a local spot near my family north of Orlando the day before. Drive to the port, drop off the car, get on the ship... then the reverse on the way back... I have great codes for Avis and Budget for one-ways :)

Steve

If you're staying in a pre-cruise hotel, a few of them have "fly, sleep, and cruise" packages. I strongly recommend doing that, since you'll be flying in from Ireland. Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach offers a package like that, and I bought it last year. The total cost was $149 for a solo, and $199 for a couple, plus taxes (as of April 2013). It includes three shuttles: airport to hotel, hotel to ship, and ship to airport. The only catch is that it's a shared shuttle, so your terminal, hotel, and/or ship may not the first stop. Still a fun way to meet fellow cruisers before you even make it to your ship.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01