Port of Miami / Avis

TheDougOut

Two Avis locations show up for Miami with the same address, and I believe this is the location that offers a free shuttle to the Port of Miami.

Does it matter which one I select?

99 Southeast 2nd Street, Miami, Florida, United States-(M6I)

99 Southeast 2nd Street, Miami, Florida, United States-(Q8M)

The phone number listed for the location has been busy all day. Avis online chat was useless.

Does anybody have any experience with dropping a car off at this location and using the free shuttle? Reviews for this Avis location are scary at best, but so long as we can leave a car behind and get to the ship I'll be happy.

Thanks!

Doug

And, yes, we have dropped a car here without issue. There aren't very many convenient gas stations near by, though, so it was a bit of a pain to gas the car up before dropping it off. Drop off was easy, though, and we had a good driver who took us to the port without issues. We are doing it again for our upcoming cruise next year.

And, yes, we have dropped a car here without issue. There aren't very many convenient gas stations near by, though, so it was a bit of a pain to gas the car up before dropping it off. Drop off was easy, though, and we had a good driver who took us to the port without issues. We are doing it again for our upcoming cruise next year.

Great... thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...
Two Avis locations show up for Miami with the same address, and I believe this is the location that offers a free shuttle to the Port of Miami.

Does it matter which one I select?

99 Southeast 2nd Street, Miami, Florida, United States-(M6I)

99 Southeast 2nd Street, Miami, Florida, United States-(Q8M)

The phone number listed for the location has been busy all day. Avis online chat was useless.

Does anybody have any experience with dropping a car off at this location and using the free shuttle? Reviews for this Avis location are scary at best, but so long as we can leave a car behind and get to the ship I'll be happy.

Thanks!

Doug

Please note that Q8M is the code for the Port of Miami shuttle to the MIA airport.

The M6I code is for the downtown Miami location which is a short distance (either shuttle or about $12 cab fare) from the port.

Please note that Q8M is the code for the Port of Miami shuttle to the MIA airport.

The M6I code is for the downtown Miami location which is a short distance (either shuttle or about $12 cab fare) from the port.

Ugh - this seems to conflict with the other response. We currently have a reservation to drop off at Q8M "Port of Miami Shuttle for Cruise Ships". Will I not be able to return a car at 99 Southeast 2nd Street?

Ugh - this seems to conflict with the other response. We currently have a reservation to drop off at Q8M "Port of Miami Shuttle for Cruise Ships". Will I not be able to return a car at 99 Southeast 2nd Street?

You should be fine. We have returned cars to the Q8M location downtown and gotten a free shuttle to the port.

AFAIK, Avis does not provide shuttles from MIA to the port.

you could always call Avis to clarify.....pls let me know if I am wrong (would only be the second time....lol)

you could always call Avis to clarify.....pls let me know if I am wrong (would only be the second time....lol)

I called the Avis location at 305-379-1317. I was told the Q8M location code is used by cruise ship passengers (requiring shuttle to/from the port) while the M6I is used for local transportation. Both codes are for the same physical location... 99 Southeast 2nd Street.

Only two times? Impressive! :D