Which East End beach with 6 ships?

We plan on taking a #10 bus to an East End beach (taxi back) on January 5th. There are 6 ships in port with 4 arriving at 8am (us included) and 2 at 11 am. We leave at 6pm.

Which beach would you recommend that would not be too crowded? I imagine Coki would be the busiest. We want to snorkel, swim, relax, and have access to at least one place with food and drinks.

We want somewhere there would be other people for the kids to meet (21, 20, & 12) but not chaos. Best options?

Just a side note; we are not planning an excursion or trip to St John to keep our budget low.

Thank you!

Sorry, I got the buses mixed up. The #10 is on Nassau. (Another one of our ports.) The bus on St Thomas is the Safari bus for $2pp. Other posts state you catch it by the hospital and it stops close to (not right at) the beaches if you ask them to stop (watch for signs for beaches.)

We plan to take the bus there and the taxi back because I understand the Safari bus is not as reliable timewise as the taxi for the trip back to the ship. But, as the taxi is $10pp each way, the bus is the cheaper alternative for the trip to the beach.

I hope if this is not a viable option someone will let me know.

Edited by minnesotamamafish

The two beaches that are the closest to the safari/bus route are Smith Bay/Lindquist and Sapphire. You have a bit of a hike to Coral World. By next January, the new Margaritaville should be open and is also a possibility.

Thank you! I didn't realize that Coki is quite a ways off the bus route. That just makes things easier, as Sapphire seems to be the only option with food/drinks. Sounds like a nice beach!

Just as a side, the NCL Escape will have a Margaritaville and 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar on board, so will probably pass on St Thomas. But I will look it up before we go in case it's a can't miss, so thanks for the heads up! :)

The Margaritaville on St Thomas will be on a beautiful East End beach, Pineapple, which has been closed to public for years. When the Margaritaville resort opens, the beach will have all amenities, and you can also walk to Coki beach from there so two beaches in one day. Supposed to have limited opening in August.

The Margaritaville on St Thomas will be on a beautiful East End beach, Pineapple, which has been closed to public for years. When the Margaritaville resort opens, the beach will have all amenities, and you can also walk to Coki beach from there so two beaches in one day. Supposed to have limited opening in August.

Sounds great! I'm sure it will be busy being new and with 6 ships. And being off the bus route makes it a more expensive option. I am glad we have the Sapphire Beach option, although, it will probably be just as busy with other people trying to avoid the crowds at Margaritaville and Coki!

Still considering options. I haven't ruled out other areas like Morningstar and Emerald beach.

Thanks again for your input!

Edited by minnesotamamafish