"Wine" in checked luggage

wr813

It depends on how well the bottle is resealed. Security knows people do this and do check for it. If you have the means to replace a cork properly and can heat shrink a proper seal though they'd never know the difference.

So I know you can take a bottle of wine with you. What if someone would fill the wine bottle with rum or whatever and put top or cork back on bottle? Is that found by security?

Three cruises and have never found my "wine" just put in your carry on.

Three cruises and have never found my "wine" just put in your carry on.

I haven't found your's specifically but I have had my bag delivered with fresh red wine stains all over my clothes though. If you do pack it in carry on please make sure it's padded and sealed very well.

I haven't found your's specifically but I have had my bag delivered with fresh red wine stains all over my clothes though. If you do pack it in carry on please make sure it's padded and sealed very well.

Not sure how it would get from my carry on to your clothes? Especially since it sounds like you checked your luggage. . .

I carry 2 bottles of wine in my laptop bag each cruise, not once have they inspected my bottles. However, nearly every time they looked at the bottles of water packs and diet coke cases.

How true! Never ONCE have they checked my wine, but they never fail to check my water! Last year one water bottle I opened, took a sip and then put it back with the others and they noticed the seal was broken on it and wanted me to pull it out and throw it away.. I was like really??? So I stood there and finished drinking it instead... how silly... and by the way, I don't drink or smuggle on hard liquor so I find the over inspection of water over the top..

Edited by beta98beta