Sojourn cabin 519

Maggie4nc

We booked a GTY Veranda cabin for an upcoming cruise and just got our cabin assignment of V2-519 which is wheelchair accessible. I knew that when I booked a GTY cabin I was taking a risk with location of the cabin, but it didn't even occur to me about accessible cabin with no bath and no walk in closet.

It looks like a bigger cabin, but I can't find any reviews or pictures of this cabin type online. The "blueprint" on Seabourn's site doesn't really help.

I am a "bloom where planted" type of person, so I know we will have a wonderful time, but if anyone has experience with this cabin please share;-)

Yes we have had one of these cabins and yes you have a wardrobe at the foot of the bed instead of the walk in wardrobe. The extra space is for the bathroom.

You will have a wheelchair friendly shower but no bath. We found the cabin to be just the same but with the two differences, if you see what I mean.

The entry way is also a little wider.

This was our first room on seabourn quest. The closet took a little getting used to, the top rods pulled down. Now that we have had suites with walk in closets it might be more of an issue. We are not big on baths so the shower only was okay. The verandah is a tad bigger to accommodate wheelchair access, it comes with ramps but the cabin attendant will remove those for you. It's a good room, once you settle in it will feel like home.

Have a great cruise!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

519 is probably our fave suite on Sojourn. We love it, we always go down one flight of stairs for breakfast, a few paces to the lifts which you will not hear, walk in your dressing gowns alone the side deck to the fab little pool and Jacuzzi at the stern, easy access to the Club along the corridor, straight in the lift up to th Observation bar.......to us it is perfect.

Couple of minor points that may help, the shower is large but the floor can flood if you do not position the curtain just past the steel floor drain grills, the wardrobes are a bit narrow and can be awkward, however I believe they may have been re designed to overcome the problem.

I think you will love 519!

Please let me know if the wardrobes have been redesigned!

Thank you everyone for the help! I am thinking I might even prefer this room type as there is more room between the wall and the end of the bed. That always makes the room seem bigger to me.

Now I am armed with helpful hints, I am sure to have a great trip. I will take lots of pictures (including the closets;)) and share here when we get back.

Thanks again!