How to go about renting car from Vancouver Canada Place ?

uvasag

Our cruise ends in Vancouver and our flight is from Seattle next day. I am trying to price all possible options to get to Seattle. We are a family of 4 and bus or train will cost me around $150. I'm thinking of renting a car because it will give us mobility for the next 24 hrs. We could either do some sightseeing in Vancouver or Seattle. However, I can't seem to price car rentals. They all seem to originate from Vancouver airport. How would I get to the closest car rental place and what address should I put when researching car rentals. Also, I think we would need a full size car. We will have atleast 3 full size bags and 3 carry ons. Any previous traveler know how much a car rental would cost ? TIA

Car Rental: To go outside of the downtown core, or to Vancouver’s North shore and beyond, you may want to rent a car. Hertz (604-606-4711) is located at the Canada Place Terminal offering a full size car with unlimited mileage for about $50 for the day (including taxes). Other rental outlets are also represented downtown on West Georgia Street for a similar rate, such as Avis (604-606-2868), Budget (604-668-7144) and Discount Car (604-207-8180).

The only car rental place at Canada Place is National/Alamo who operate a kiosk during the cruise season and a permanent location in the lobby of the Pan Pacific Hotel. All of the others are merely pick up and shuttle situations. However, I do agree with canvasing the local Vancouver offices directly for rates and more importantly their drop fee for dropping the car in Seattle....it is likely going to be in the range of $100 to $200 over and above the daily rate.

Most of us Vancouver posters do not recommend using a rental car to tour the city as it is not particularly a car friendly city anymore and you will be paying for parking at most attractions and at your hotel. However, if you have some specific sights that you want to see far be it from me to discourage you.

Our cruise ends in Vancouver and our flight is from Seattle next day. I am trying to price all possible options to get to Seattle. We are a family of 4 and bus or train will cost me around $150. I'm thinking of renting a car because it will give us mobility for the next 24 hrs. We could either do some sightseeing in Vancouver or Seattle. However, I can't seem to price car rentals. They all seem to originate from Vancouver airport. How would I get to the closest car rental place and what address should I put when researching car rentals. Also, I think we would need a full size car. We will have atleast 3 full size bags and 3 carry ons. Any previous traveler know how much a car rental would cost ? TIA

I always drive from Vancouver to Seattle to catch a flight. There are both Avis and Hertz drop-off offices about five blocks from Canada Place but they do not maintain a fleet of cars for rental.

On disembarkation, I take a taxi to the Vancouver airport rental area (about $35), pick up a car, and drive to Seattle. If we are staying the night in Seattle (highly recommend the Pan Pacific (take elevator up from terminal) or Fairmont (across the street from the terminal), I delay picking up the car from the airport until the afternoon, use valet parking, and depart early the next day for Seattle.

Used National Rental Car with drop-off at SEATAC (152 miles) for $73.51 for a full size. Leaving early in the morning from Vancouver let us wait only 20 minutes at the border. Easily met our 3:00 PM SEATAC flight after a nice lunch in Seattle.

It would be cheaper to spend the night in Seattle but we prefer to unwind in Vancouver before hitting the road.

I always drive from Vancouver to Seattle to catch a flight. There are both Avis and Hertz drop-off offices about five blocks from Canada Place but they do not maintain a fleet of cars for rental.

On disembarkation, I take a taxi to the Vancouver airport rental area (about $35), pick up a car, and drive to Seattle. If we are staying the night in Seattle (highly recommend the Pan Pacific (take elevator up from terminal) or Fairmont (across the street from the terminal), I delay picking up the car from the airport until the afternoon, use valet parking, and depart early the next day for Seattle.

Used National Rental Car with drop-off at SEATAC (152 miles) for $73.51 for a full size. Leaving early in the morning from Vancouver let us wait only 20 minutes at the border. Easily met our 3:00 PM SEATAC flight after a nice lunch in Seattle.

It would be cheaper to spend the night in Seattle but we prefer to unwind in Vancouver before hitting the road.

Thank you. $73.51 is a great rate for one way full size car rental. Was there a discount code that you used ? A specific website that gives you such a great rate or just off season rate ? I'll be renting on July 20th 2015 . I'm seeing rates close to $200 for a full size car including one way drop off rates and taxes.

It's faster to just grab Skytrain (subway) from Waterfront Stn (Canada Place is a 3 block walk) to get to YVR. $4/ea. The airport station is on the roof of the parkade at the airport, the rental area is in the lowest level of the parkade.

Thank you. $73.51 is a great rate for one way full size car rental. Was there a discount code that you used ? A specific website that gives you such a great rate or just off season rate ? I'll be renting on July 20th 2015 . I'm seeing rates close to $200 for a full size car including one way drop off rates and taxes.

I used my Emerald Club discount rate. It is free to join. Since I picked up the car in Vancouver (after spending the night at the Pan Pacific) with less than 24 hours before I turned it in to Seattle, I saved. I did not accept the free mileage rate but paid $0.25/mile. My apologies for not mentioning the extra mileage charge.

It must be noted that my two-day rental with unlimited mileage from Hertz in Seattle and drop-off five blocks from the Canada Place Terminal cost $200.72.