Guaranteed Rate on Odyssey Penthouse

4yanx

Greetings all- My fiance are taking Odyssey on honeymoon cruise (May 2, 2015) and we are near booking a penthouse suite. Available is a "guaranteed", which assures one of that category or higher, depending on availability...realizing that on a big demand cruise, you could be assigned that last obstructed view cabin near the elevator. ;)

Has anyone ever gone this route on a Seabourn cruise, particularly on Odyssey? I'd appreciate hearing your experience. It would SEEM something of a no-lose proposition since these suites all seem attractive.

It has been said by multiple other posters: select the suite you want if you worry about the outcome from rolling the proverbial dice. You might be very happy w/ what is assigned or you might not. I would think especially on your honeymoon that you would want to insure you were satisfied with your accommodations, at least I certainly would.

Look at the deck plans and look for what you consider the "worst" penthouse and decide if you would be okay with it. Assume the worst. Personally I don't think there is a "bad" penthouse on the ship, but cabin location is a preference.

I had a regular verandah suite on my first cruise just two doors off the pool deck. Others may have called it "horrid" location, but I loved it because it was a warm weather cruise and I was steps from the patio bar a d could go back to my room as often as I like. I would take that deck 8 room every time!