Best thing to see by motorboat?

sheeshshe

Where are you renting a boat at? Sommerset area on west end? Hamilton? St George on the east end? That all depends on where you rent because you are only allowed to go for a certain distance when renting.

We rented from H20 last time we were there and did the west end. There's the Vixen shipwreck that you can go to and snorkel. There's also a private island that has a little bit of snorkeling (but sandy bottom).

I have a complete review of our day there if you are interested. It's in my signature line. There's tons of pictures. :)

KS watersports out of the dockyard. we were planning on doing the vixen. What else is close by?

You can go to the little private island there and do a little snorkeling (there's some fish, a few various red corals and huge sea fans along with a LOT of sea cucumbers), have lunch there or just relax on the beach.

Then you can go to sea glass beach if you are interested in those type of things and see all the sea glass.

We went around and headed toward the ships and got some awesome pictures of them sitting at the dock.

There's the worlds smallest operating draw bridge to see (which is right there by Sommerset).

They will show you a map and make suggestions on places you are allowed to go while you're out. :)

oooooh! that sounds like SO much fun, thank you!

No problem. I hope you have a wonderful time boating. We sure did. Like I said, I have a complete review of our day boating (we did jet skiing right before that) in my review if you want to just scroll through the pictures to have a look at the places you are more than welcome to. :)

KS watersports out of the dockyard. we were planning on doing the vixen. What else is close by?

Unless something has changed very recently KS does not rent boats from Dockyard. You have to go to the Hamilton Princess location...

Here's an email they sent me for my trip in 2 weeks:

We are pleased to provide you with information on the rental of our 16’ Boston Whaler which at this time is available on September 25th from our location at the Hamilton Princess Hotel marina. The Whaler will adequately carry up to six people providing the per person weight does not exceed 185lb. Our location is a 20 minute ferry ride to Hamilton from Dockyard where your ship will be docked, and then a 10 minute walk to the Hamilton Princess Hotel from the ferry terminal. Unfortunately, rental of the boat is not available in Dockyard.

sea glass beach was one of the things I wanted to go to, but crossed it off of my list because I didn't feel like walking there. :) so by boat would be fab! what are the landmarks from the ocean to find it?

When you leave the dockyard, ask your taxi driver to point out Sea Glass Beach. The landmark is 4 minty-turquoise buildings side by side. You can see these nicely from the water - just aim for the 2 middle ones.

Once you get closer inland, you will notice something that used to be a "dock" (I use the word loosely, more like a rock/coral slab). The glass is on either side of that.

And a reminder: wear water shoes !! Do not get off the boat at Sea Glass without water shoes !

I have about the same info at Mitsugirly in this thread, but has some pics

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2255538

When you leave the dockyard, ask your taxi driver to point out Sea Glass Beach. The landmark is 4 minty-turquoise buildings side by side. You can see these nicely from the water - just aim for the 2 middle ones.

Once you get closer inland, you will notice something that used to be a "dock" (I use the word loosely, more like a rock/coral slab). The glass is on either side of that.

And a reminder: wear water shoes !! Do not get off the boat at Sea Glass without water shoes !

I have about the same info at Mitsugirly in this thread, but has some pics

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2255538

We all have water shoes, so we are all set there, phew! :) :) :)

I copy and pasted this from k s website.

K.S. WaterSports offers boat rentals across the island and departing from three convenient locations. (Hamilton, St. George's & Dockyard)

I would definitely email them and confirm that they do have the boats from the dockyard location. I inquired about renting boats from them a few months ago and was also told the Hamilton location is the boat rental for the west end tours and the St George location for the east end tours.

Also be aware that each company that you rent boats from has only a certain area that you can take the boats in. So from the Hamilton location, which serves the west end, they said you could go to the Vixen, the draw bridge and then over by Hamilton at Darrell's Island, Gibbs lighthouse area and Gibbet Island. So from the description they gave me, it didn't sound as if you could take the boat even as far as the dockyard or especially around to the other side of the island by the dockyard, which would include sea glass beach. So I would double check with them to confirm they indeed have the boat rentals directly from the dockyard (meaning boats actually there and not that you can "rent" them from there and then have to take the ferry over to Hamilton to pick them up).

We all have water shoes, so we are all set there, phew! :) :) :)

Yes, definitely wear some water shoes. The entire water around there is nothing but rocks (and sea glass :D)

yep. emailed and you're right. their website is VERY misleading. it says there even on the boat rental that it is dockyard included! that is BAD. he looked up my father's reservation and said it was reserved in st george. I had him cancel it. now to find another rental place.

yep. emailed and you're right. their website is VERY misleading. it says there even on the boat rental that it is dockyard included! that is BAD. he looked up my father's reservation and said it was reserved in st george. I had him cancel it. now to find another rental place.

Glad you figured this out before you left. :eek:

If you are wanting to rent around the dockyard area and see the areas, like sea glass beach, the vixen to snorkel, the worlds smallest drawbridge and the dockyard...I HIGHLY suggest checking out H20. That's who we went with and they were wonderful. It's only a 7 minute drive and $14 by cab to get to their place. We had a wonderful day when we rented and if we ever decide to rent again in the dockyard area, we won't think twice about using them again. :)

I am very thankful to you for pointing it out to me. It would have been AWFUL to have gone to the dockyard and find that they're not there! my dad had it booked in st george! YIKES! we would never have had time to get there and back before sailing off.

we ended up finding another place which isn't far from the dockyard, and it was a little cheaper even! so whew! We didn't use H20. it was too expensive.

I am very thankful to you for pointing it out to me. It would have been AWFUL to have gone to the dockyard and find that they're not there! my dad had it booked in st george! YIKES! we would never have had time to get there and back before sailing off.

we ended up finding another place which isn't far from the dockyard, and it was a little cheaper even! so whew! We didn't use H20. it was too expensive.

Do you mind sharing who you used? I don't know of another place in the area that's cheaper than H20. The only other place I'm aware of is Somerset Bridge Watersports and they have always been higher with pricing. :confused:

Check out Lagoon Park which is near the dockyard just before you get to the sea glass beach. There are little rock formations you can snorkel around and a little beach. Just motor up and anchor. We saw a barracuda here while snorkeling.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...