Just got our flight dates

azlew

We just heard from Paul Gauguin via our online travel agent and they gave us our flight dates and times.

We have plenty of time before our trip and we now are thinking that it may be better for us to get to Tahiti a day or two earlier so we can get acclimated to French Polynesia.

Our questions are : Would we be better off making that change thru our online travel agent or direct with Paul Gauguin. Also where would you stay? with the Paul Gauguin hotels they own there in French Poly or? and what island would you do it on?

Thanks for your input!

I scheduled my own air so I can't give advice on who to use to change to flights. However, I highly recommend going to Moorea pre-cruise. 20 minutes to the ferry terminal, then a 30 minute trip across to start your vacation in paradise seems like a no-brainer.

Check with PG to see what they would charge to add a pre-cruise hotel versus a deviation fee. The pre-stay packages from PG are a bit higher than doing it yourself, but include all transportation and transfers if you don't want to deal with all of those details.

....I highly recommend going to Moorea pre-cruise. 20 minutes to the ferry terminal, then a 30 minute trip across to start your vacation in paradise seems like a no-brainer.

Check with PG to see what they would charge to add a pre-cruise hotel versus a deviation fee. The pre-stay packages from PG are a bit higher than doing it yourself, but include all transportation and transfers if you don't want to deal with all of those details.

Thanks. All I have read here has us thinking Moorea instead of Tahiti.

I imagine it would save some money going direct with PG.

If you go to Moorea make sure it's for two nights, one night isn't worth it. The nice thing is on the return to Tahiti the ferry terminal is right next to the Paul Gauguin.

The big four on Moorea are the IC, Hilton, Sofitel and the Pearl Beach, each has it's advantages and dis-advantages.

Best facilities: IC

Best snorkeling: Hilton

Best view and beach: Sofitel

Best price: Pearl Beach

Another great little place that is reasonable, with a nice beach and close to some shopping is Les Tipaniers

Transfers from the ferry on Moorea to a hotel is about $15 each way per person