Getting Married in Alaska

vegas321

Has anyone gotten married on a cruise leaving from Alaska?

Did you get married on embarkation day, in a port or on a sea day? Which ship? What country was the marriage registered in?

We want to be married on embarkation day (for those guest not sailing with us) or a sea day by the captain. (obviously non sailing guests are not an issue on a sea day!)

Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

Has anyone gotten married on a cruise leaving from Alaska?

Did you get married on embarkation day, in a port or on a sea day? Which ship? What country was the marriage registered in?

We want to be married on embarkation day (for those guest not sailing with us) or a sea day by the captain. (obviously non sailing guests are not an issue on a sea day!)

Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

In Alaska you won't have many sea days that the Captain can marry . Most days are port days .

We are getting married on an Alaskan cruise this September, but it leaves from Seattle not from Alaska. We've chosen to get married on a sea day by the Captain, on the Grand Princess. Because of this, the marriage license is in the country where our ship is registered, which is Bermuda.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats!! I am getting married on the Radiance of the Seas this month leaving out of Seward, AK. We are having an embarkation day wedding due to the fact that the captain isn't able to marry us on a sea day. (the ship needs to be in international waters for 24hrs+) Our marriage license is from Alaska. We applied months in advance so all we have to do when we arrive in Anchorage is go sign a paper.

Best of luck! Hopefully when we get back I'll post a review that will be helpful to you!

We leave in 13 days! We are getting married while in port in Juneau, so I can't answer your questions regarding embarkation or at sea. If you have any questions pop up about port days, let me know and I can try to answer any questions.

Take a look at royal wed.com If you get married on a sea day or at embarkation, these people handle weddings for the cruise lines (Carnival, Princess, HAL, and a couple of others). You can go through them for port days as well, but we opted for more variety and choice and didn't go with them.

Congrats!