Rome hotel 2 adults 1 toddler recommendation

mcgrate

Can anyone recommend a hotel in rome that would be suitable with a toddler?

Travelling in october. currently have a hotel booked but its the far side of termini and i think we should change.

Budget is max €150 per night for somewhere central so 5*'s are out :)

Thanks.

Have you looked at the Hotel Lirico? It's also near Termini, but on the side closer to the historic center. It's between Via ****onale and Via Cavour, giving it good access to public transit. It's an easy walk down the hill to the historic center (one mile to the Colosseum, three-quarters of a mile to Trevi fountain, a little over a mile to the Pantheon) but coming back up the hill a ride might be nice.

http://www.hotelirico.com/

Hi Euro_cruiser. Thanks have you stayed here with a toddler? Is it suitable? A tripadvisor review mentioned 30 steps up to reception? I dont think my husband will like hauling the stroller up and down them ! Plus a big hill at the end of the day doesnt sound all too nice

Again........ Rome hotels charge different prices for high season than they do for low season........

Please give more information when asking a question regarding hotels etc. as to DATES you will be there - someone could suggest a hotel and it could be a lot more $$$ if they stayed there in low season and you will be there in high season.

Believe me I have experienced this firsthand. We arrived in Rome May 3rd and paid one price for our hotel......came back after 11 day cruise and stayed at same hotel and paid ALOT more for the same room category - luckily it was just for one night post cruise.

Just as a sample: I put in October 18th - one night - 2 ppl (baby stays free) with a budget of $150-200 which would fall into the 150 euro range...... it is near Campo di Fiori and Piazza Navonna.... prime location.

http://www.venere.com/hotels/rome/hotel-smeraldo/?sd=18&sm=10&sy=2013&ed=19&em=10&ey=2013&pval=2&rval=1

just go to venere.com and play around and you will find something more than suitable.

just an fyi.....everywhere in Rome and most of Europe will not be stroller friendly....it might make sense to invest in a lightweight city stroller that can do double duty like a crib/car seat type..they have them nowadays.

tell DH he will be lugging that thing around more than he wants to..no avoiding that

ahh..I remember the good ole days of the double stroller!

Hi Euro_cruiser. Thanks have you stayed here with a toddler? Is it suitable? A tripadvisor review mentioned 30 steps up to reception? I dont think my husband will like hauling the stroller up and down them ! Plus a big hill at the end of the day doesnt sound all too nice

Rome is built on hills.

If you want a place to stay that is flat look into the Piazza del Popolo area. There are other areas as well.

Termini or Spanish steps..... areas are hilly.

Vatican area is too far removed

Thanks guys. I've been on all the booking sites at this stage. I was really looking for a personal recommendation of a hotel. I dont have a problem with hills, my issue with the previous recommendation was the 30 steps :-) My daughter is 3 - so sleeps in a proper bed. Therefore she's not free. There's a big difference in price for a double room to a triple room if we have to pay full price for her.

Hence my question looking for anyone with past experience on a similar stay.

Hi Texan, I said in my OP that were staying in October. It's a Sunday and Monday. Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yep and I said in my post that we were there in May (arrived the 3rd and came back 11 days later) We paid a VERY different price just 11 days later...... went from low season to high season. So I asked the DATES (exact) so those here could help with a more realistic price. Many hotels use October as the month to transcend from high to low season....... so dates are important. And I guess I just think toddler at @ 2 which would still put them in a crib or on a cot and not a proper bed..... guess knowing you need a triple would have helped too...... sorry - our kids are all grown so no personal experience on a recommendation. Good luck.

Archived