Group cruises for LGBT couples with children

squidward

Does anyone know of any group cruises for LGBT couples with children? Google searching only came up with old rCruise links. Are they no longer doing family cruises? Seems there would be a market for them, considering how many of us have kids nowadays and how welcoming the cruise industry has been to us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Squidward - I just received an email from rfamily today. It includes info on 3 cruises:

10th Anniversary Cruise

July 13-20, 2014

Allure of the Seas

Ft Lauderdale to Western Caribbean

LGBT Families & Friends

The Enchanting Rhine Cruise

August 11-20, 2014

MS AmaCerto

Amsterdam to Prague

LGBT Adult Only Charter

The Broadway Cruise 3

October 11-18, 2014

Norwegian Gem

NYC to Canada & New England

Broadway Fan Cruise

Thanks, Tomato. Now I found the cruise listing on their Web site - it wasn't clear at first that the cruise was in 2014. Unless I'm completely missing it, :confused:they don't have the full date of the cruise listed anywhere.

Have you or anyone else reading this gone on a family cruise with them? Any opinions out there?

Ed

Hi,

We went on their first cruise quite some time ago.

We did not bring children but I can tell you that they had a fabulous time!

It was beautiful to see all the children from all over hanging out and having fun. There were babies up to teenagers on the ship.

There was so much for them to do...I doubt any of them were ever bored.

We are going on the anniversary cruise in July...even though they are only chartering it, we can't wait! LOVE the big ship.

Send Greg from R Family an email. He is very helpful.

info@rfamilyvacations.com

nielle:)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi -- We will be cruising on the Explorer of the Seas on Sept.25, 2014. We have two girls, age 11. My kids love cruising so we try to go out of NY whenever we can. We wanted to do an RFamily but the prices for LGBT cruises are generally so much higher. In the past I have tried to identify other gay families prior to a cruise but I never had any luck. We have met some great gay couples along the way. For some reason, it is harder to engage women. Oh well -- You are welcome to join us!

Hi, MJM. Thanks for the invite! I'm actually trying to decide what to do that week in September, since it will be my 50th birthday.:eek:

I celebrated #40 on a cruise to Bermuda, why not #50?;)

The only thing is we have a cruise to Bermuda booked the first week in June, just for DH and me - no kids this time - and then we are looking at a big family cruise in January 2015. We might not be able to swing a cruise in September. I'll give it some thought and let you know if there's a chance we can join you.

Ed:)

• 2 weeks later...

We are a gay couple taking two foster children on a Carnival Cruise March 22nd out of Port Canaveral. I haven't looked for group cruises per se but we hope to meet some couples with children on board.