Houston people/airline price FLL

hollon

ok, can anyone tell me if they cruised in May how much they typically paid for an airline ticket to fort lauderdale. right now out of HOU (Hobby) it's going for 517.00 is that about right? Also, if the plane leaves out at 10:30, if I walk my bags off cruiseship will I have time to make my flight? Thanks

ok, can anyone tell me if they cruised in May how much they typically paid for an airline ticket to fort lauderdale. right now out of HOU (Hobby) it's going for 517.00 is that about right? Also, if the plane leaves out at 10:30, if I walk my bags off cruiseship will I have time to make my flight? Thanks

That seems quite steep to me. Usually Southwest has better fares and usually if you just keep checking their specials as you get closer to sailing, you'll probably get one around $250. I usually sign up for a farewatcher and jump on a fare when it suits my budget. They say for domestic flights that you get the best deal if you book on a Tues or Wed about 6-8 weeks out.

We have and typically our flights on United out of IAH are about $600 to $800 for two people.

Hi, hollon, I agree, that's too high! We go to FLL fairly frequently from Austin (used to live in Houston, pricing is about the same), and here's what I paid for our most recent roundtrips:

Aug 2013 - $303.60

April 2013 - $289.60

Dec. 2012 - $176.20 (We caught a crazy Southwest sale)

Oct. 2012 - $371.80 (I think that was purchased at the last minute)

Anyway, you get the idea--I'm thinking max $300. Set up sales alerts + Ding! on SW and also a trip alert in Kayak or similar.

well, i'm thinking it's b/c it's HOU Hobby and NOT IAH George Bush. Even George Bush is 432.00 but, this is really for my mother-n-law (I'm still a TEXAN at heart:) and she will only fly HOU just b/c she is closer to galveston.

Archived