Park and Cruise Long Beach

ssolomon56

My hubby and I will be doing a B2B (4 days followed by 3) out of Long Beach next month to celebrate my 60th and our 15th Anniversary. We've decided to look into parking our car at a Park and Cruise rather than drive in from Northern California that morning. I've looked around these boards...but most of the postings on this subject are pretty old and out of date.

Any suggestions on where to stay? Thanks!

My hubby and I will be doing a B2B (4 days followed by 3) out of Long Beach next month to celebrate my 60th and our 15th Anniversary. We've decided to look into parking our car at a Park and Cruise rather than drive in from Northern California that morning. I've looked around these boards...but most of the postings on this subject are pretty old and out of date.

Any suggestions on where to stay? Thanks!

A lot of cruisers stay at the Hotel Maya. Someone on my roll call recently posted a discount code, I think it was p41, but let me check.

Great! They have a shuttle, I believe, every hour. You will need to sign up for the time you want when you check in. We checked in about 5:30 PM and was able to get on the 9am shuttle. When our friends arrived around 9pm, they were put on the last shuttle, which I think was noon.

We didn't take advantage of the hotel shuttle when the cruise was over. I was tired and cranky and just wanted to get in a taxi. It was $26.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Hotel Current last October. I still feel that they are a motel rather than hotel- but other than that it's fine. We got off the cruise pretty early so when we called for the shuttle back, they told us to just take a yellow cab and they would pay with a voucher when we got to the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by this, as we were expecting to wait for a shuttle that would want to at least partially fill up before heading back.

• 2 weeks later...

We just used the Hotel Current for a park and cruise package. The shuttle worked reasonably well. We booked a time going and we left close to on time, then called when we returned and put our name on the list to be picked up. The driver was very organized and so it went well. Some people had to wait for the next shuttle and that is probably a 45 minute wait as the hotel is not very close to the port.

The hotel, actually a motel was fine. It was an older property that they have fixed up a bit. They have redecorated the rooms pretty nicely, but the door to our room had a gap and didn't look like it was properly closed. It did lock fine and I felt safe. The pool area looked lovely.

They offer a complimentary breakfast. It was sufficient but not great. Think step down from Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast room needs to be remodeled. They did offer scrambled eggs and sausage as part of the buffet which were not very good. They had cereal and yogurt that was fine.

I would stay here again for a precruise stay if the Maya wasn't available. I normally use the Maya because they offer a park and cruise package. They don't have complimentary breakfast but it is very close to the ship and in decent condition.

• 2 months later...

I see a lot of threads mentioning hotels with free parking for up to seven days. Have any of you used any of them with a fifteen day cruise? I will pay $285 to park at the port, but if I can get secured parking for less I would prefer that.

• 7 months later...

Thanks pjinaz. We called The Hotel Current and they do allow you to leave your vehicle there for up to 15 days. So I booked their Snooze & Cruise rate for just over $166 with tax. That is much cheaper than parking at the Carnival lot would have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums