Create your own tasting - are the bartenders ok with this?

Wolfhunt

Hello,

Going on our first RCI cruise in just over a week and am probably going to do the ultimate drink package.

Was curious. If I go to one of the bars and tell the bartender I want to do a "tasting" of bourbon, wine, rum, etc (there are 7 days on ship after all) would they be able to do something like that? I wouldn't want full pours for it and I'm not sure if that would throw their numbers off. Of course, I wouldn't do this if the bartender is really busy and I would add an extra tip for them.

Has anyone done something like this with the drink package?

That is an interesting idea. would be particularly doable with Beer. If someone could get 3 or 4 guys together and each take a different beer and a glass, and then split each beer 4 ways, one after the other... Lather, Rinse, Repeat :D :D :D :D

If I tried that with scotch... well, my night would be over sooner rather than later.

Hoping someone else chimes in.

dp

Hoping someone else chimes in.

dp

We did exactly that, save it was with martinis. Our amazing bartender charged us all 1 drink each, but was kind enough to spread it out over 4-5 smaller "servings" if you will.

Granted, it wasn't that crowded at the time, and we all made sure he was tipped well (but we would do that anyways)

Good luck!

We did exactly that, save it was with martinis. Our amazing bartender charged us all 1 drink each, but was kind enough to spread it out over 4-5 smaller "servings" if you will.

Granted, it wasn't that crowded at the time, and we all made sure he was tipped well (but we would do that anyways)

Good luck!

Thanks, that is pretty much what I was thinking about trying. I like trying and comparing drinks and am a fan of tastings. I figured the drink package could be used as a 7-day tasting but if I was given, say for example, 5 full pours instead of 5 smaller pours, I would be in sad shape before the cruise was half over.