El Eden Canopy Tour

Gallivanting Souls

We are booked on the El Eden Canopy Tour for our January cruise. (http://www.puertovallartatours.net/el-eden-canopy-tour.htm)

Have you done this tour?

Was it good? Was it bad?

Should I change to another tour (through PV tours)

Please share your details. We will be first time zip-liners. We don't have a problem booking on our own. But if you have info to share (like hey, "you are going to miss the ship if you take that tour") Please let me know while I still have time to change. I think I can ???

This will be on our 25th Anniversary, so it will be memorable enough without any extra stress (if you know what I mean?)

So I called the company that offers both El Eden and Los Verenos and told them my concerns (or the concerns that I assumed). The lady said that I would have no more problems getting back to the ship on time with one over the other. Probably the Los Verenos one might be more well known by cruisers here at CC? We are booked for the early tour and we have a great price (which incidentally, they are still running the 2/1 on the El Eden).

Just so you know, puertovallartatours.net are a third party tour broker. They don't actually run/operate any excursions. They have a good rep with cruisers.

The El Eden Canopy Tour is one of the lessor known zipline operations in the Vallarta area. That doesn't mean it is a bad operation, just that it doesn't get written up very often. The excursion site is the river valley where the movie Predator was filmed. I'm not sure what additional activities are located at the excursion site. We were last up that valley before the zipline operation went in. Back in the day, the Predator film site was the draw and was party of a Town & Country excursion.

Los Veranos is more popular. The excursion site is a little further away. They have a tequila tasting bar, restaurant, small petting zoo and a place to go swimming.

We haven't done el Eden. We have done Los Veranos three times. Both excursions require you to go to the pickup point vs. transportation at the port normally provided in a ship's excursion.

We're headed back tomorrow AM for most of November.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

No. While Paul is retired, Marilyn still has that J.O.B. thing going on (at least until next Jan 23rd). Then we hope to spend more time here in future winters. Just spent a great evening with Sr Fox at Cafe Roma.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

No. While Paul is retired, Marilyn still has that J.O.B. thing going on (at least until next Jan 23rd). Then we hope to spend more time here in future winters. Just spent a great evening with Sr Fox at Cafe Roma.

Enjoy!

Have a great time!

We ended up booking our zip line tour in PV through the ship (Grand Princess). My wife has concerns about getting back to the ship on time. Couldn't convince her to do the Los Veranos zip tour, which was cheaper than what the ship was offering. But I have heard the zip line tour Princess and the other cruise lines use is good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...