Skytrain from YVR to Waterfront Station

I'm looking for someone who understands this system :)

After getting our luggage I want to know how do we go about getting the Skytrain to downtown. Like do we pay before or during the ride? If before where do we get the tickets? Is it well signed where to find the train entrance?

Also the next flight brings the rest of our crew at 1am, is there a flat rate for taxis from YVR to downtown?

Thanks!!!

Yes, it is all very well signed at YVR, you should not have any trouble finding the YVR station. You pay at ticket vending machines in the station, the fare is $8.75 pp CAD, I see you are from Newfoundland so the CAD aspect is not a problem for you. The ticket vending machines also accept Visa, Master Card and most ATM cards. The fare outbound to Waterfront station includes a $5 airport convenience fee, if there is a number of you, you can go to the Pharmasave or the 7-11 on level one of the terminal and purchase a booklet of 10 2 zone FareSaver tickets that will save having to pay the $5 up charge. The Canada Line cars are built to handle luggage so that is not an issue. Waterfront station is about a 3 block walk from Canada Place.

Yes, there is a flat rate taxi charge of $35 from YVR to Canada Place/Downtown and a little less for other areas.

http://www.yvr.ca/Libraries/PGT_documents/YVR_Zone_Fare_Map.sflb.ashx

Thank you

We are only using it one way and going to Waterfront because we are staying at a hotel nearby. So do they stop at every station or is there a button you have to push to stop? (Sorry we barely have a bus system in this town let alone a train) :)

To clarify.... which hotel are you staying at?

The subway stops at every station. Ride downtown is about 25 minutes from end to end. The train is not exclusive with airport passengers, it mixes with the general public.

Note, compare costs with the number of passengers to the cab which is door to door service for $35 a carload with your luggage. I prefer the cab when I have luggage.

You pay at ticket vending machines in the station, the fare is $8.75 pp CAD
It's $9.... $4 for the two zone fare, plus the $5. Edited by xlxo

Note, compare costs with the number of passengers to the cab which is door to door service for $35 a carload with your luggage. I prefer the cab when I have luggage.

There are only 2 of us on the early flight. Since the rest are not coming until 1 am we have all the time in the world. My dad doesn't travel and I figure if we have the time let's try something new :)

We are at the Ramada Limited.

For the Ramada limited... I recommend getting off at the VCC station just one before Waterfront. Main reason... You wheel your luggage DOWNHILL.

Edited by xlxo

Wait.... just remember the Waterfront has a South Entrance/Exit on Hastings. That's pretty level with Pender to your hotel. Waterfront may be a better choice to your hotel.

While on the golf course this morning it did occur to me that I had erred in the Canada Line fare by 25 cents and it cost me $5....I simply can't focus having made that kind of an error.:D Oh, The distance between the two stations and your hotel is a block with Waterfront being the closer. I spent 25 years of my career in the building above VCC and I would likely use Waterfront if I was going to the Ramada Limited....the grade change is really quite minimal.