Voyages to Antiquity, Grand Tour, Oct.24 to Nov. 22

myotis

We recently returned from this month long VtoA trip with nothing but good things to say about the ship, the food, the itinerary, the staff, the fellow passengers and the three five star hotels included in this tour. It was truly a trip of a lifetime. Were there minute matters that could be improved on, sure. However, this was a great trip and I hope it will be offerred again next fall for others to enjoy.

Unfortunately, the roundevous planned with Doubloon and Cruisemom did not come about. Perhaps I got the time and date wrong, but I hope they enjoyed their voyage as well.

If there are any questions regarding this trip, I would be happy to try to address them.

Meanwhile if you are contemplating taking a VtoA cruise, my suggestion is to go ahead and book it, you will love it.

• 2 weeks later...
We recently returned from this month long VtoA trip with nothing but good things to say about the ship, the food, the itinerary, the staff, the fellow passengers and the three five star hotels included in this tour. It was truly a trip of a lifetime. Were there minute matters that could be improved on, sure. However, this was a great trip and I hope it will be offerred again next fall for others to enjoy.

Unfortunately, the roundevous planned with Doubloon and Cruisemom did not come about. Perhaps I got the time and date wrong, but I hope they enjoyed their voyage as well.

If there are any questions regarding this trip, I would be happy to try to address them.

Meanwhile if you are contemplating taking a VtoA cruise, my suggestion is to go ahead and book it, you will love it.

Hi Myotis, so sorry we did not meet up. I did find Doubloon after our lecture on first sea day as proposed. I went around the room asking folks if they were you, but didn't find you! :o

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.

My fault in missing meeting. I waited outside Ambassador Lounge, instead of Observation. Sorry. I did get some puzzled looks as I too approached strangers asking if they were Doubloon or Cruisermom. Perhaps we will meet on another occasion. Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year. Bridget

We sailed on our unforgetable voyage on the Aegean Odyssey, the sole vessel currently sailing under the banner of Voyages to Antiquity. If you do a search on the internet you will find many recent reviews of this vessel which accommodates approximately 350 passengers. Note that although this line had a rocky beginning, it has now emerged as a wonderful ship which caters to those passengers most interested in the history and treasures of the places visited and not on shopping or on board entertainment. Lectures pertinent to the areas being visited are given almost daily.

I write this solely as a satisfied past passenger, with no ties whatsoever to the company, and hope if anyone has any doubts I can address them.

• 5 weeks later...

Re the no shopping thing on board. While on the Black Sea cruise last July ( a tour I found wonderful by the way) the staff from the on board shop did a talk about Baltic amber. It was full of the history, different types and what to look for when buying amber pieces. It was so much more interesting than the usual shop at this store type thing you get on the other cruise lines. Shar

Archived