Khasab - shuttle to Khasab city from port?

AmoMondo

In a few weeks I'll be doing my third Arabain gulf cruise. On previous trips I just stayed onboard in Khasab as there didn't appear to be any shuttles or even taxis in the port and I hate to do organised excursions (ships or private). however whilst recently trawling the internet, I found a reference to a shuttle service from the port into Khasab city (or is it a town?). Anyway has anyone who has recently called at the port seen this shuttle service and if so how frequent was it? Is there much to see or do in town?

Thanks.

In a few weeks I'll be doing my third Arabain gulf cruise. On previous trips I just stayed onboard in Khasab as there didn't appear to be any shuttles or even taxis in the port and I hate to do organised excursions (ships or private). however whilst recently trawling the internet, I found a reference to a shuttle service from the port into Khasab city (or is it a town?). Anyway has anyone who has recently called at the port seen this shuttle service and if so how frequent was it? Is there much to see or do in town?

Thanks.

I am on Lirica from Dubai on 15th March. Looked up the ships excursions (I tend to opt for these being a solo traveller). There is a Dhow Cruise or a City Tour of Khasab & Bukha. I am sure that in the Cruise Lines board for MSC there was a reference to a shuttle service at the port. Hope you can find it and will be able to see something of Khasab this time around.

Suzanne

I am on Lirica from Dubai on 15th March. Looked up the ships excursions (I tend to opt for these being a solo traveller). There is a Dhow Cruise or a City Tour of Khasab & Bukha. I am sure that in the Cruise Lines board for MSC there was a reference to a shuttle service at the port. Hope you can find it and will be able to see something of Khasab this time around.

Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne. At the end of the day if there isn't one, I'll be more than happy just to stay onboard and enjoy chilling out in the sunshine. This was just a late bargain booking to get some winter sun away from the wind and cold in the UK.

We were in Khasab on 7th December. You can WALK into the small town (not city or large town!) in 20 minutes like we did. Visit the fort as you pass it on the way. Very interesting. Then there is a mosque at the far end of town which I went in. That's it. We 'did' Khasab in the morning and then in the afternoon walked for 5 minutes the other way to a shingle beach where we did some snorkelling.

We were in Khasab on 7th December. You can WALK into the small town (not city or large town!) in 20 minutes like we did. Visit the fort as you pass it on the way. Very interesting. Then there is a mosque at the far end of town which I went in. That's it. We 'did' Khasab in the morning and then in the afternoon walked for 5 minutes the other way to a shingle beach where we did some snorkelling.

Brilliant! Thanks for the response. Almost no one on here or trip advisor seems to know much about Khasab.

Morning walk it will be followed by afternoon by the pool onboard!

When you leave the port, which direction is it to the town, or is it really obvious?

Edited by AmoMondo

Hope you have a great cruise and will find your way around Khasab OK. Through the kindness of some others on the Roll Call for our 15th March Lirica sailing they have included me on the half day Dhow Cruise from Khasab with a local private tour operator (highly recommended by others who were in Khasab recently) so I can either have a wander around or chill out on board in the afternoon. Only 54 days now until I fly out to see the family pre cruise. Can't wait!

Regards from Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...

I have visited Khasab and we arranged our own Dhow tour. It is possible to walk from the ship to the Dhow office and they will take you to the Dhow. The problem is getting back after the trip!! We were lucky and another family with a car gave us a lift back to the ship, but there are no taxis at the point where the Dhow cruise starts and ends. It is however a wonderful little cruise. You are almost guaranteed to see dolphins and it is very scenic. You also get a chance to do a bit of snorkelling at Telegraph Island which is fun.

I have visited Khasab and we arranged our own Dhow tour. It is possible to walk from the ship to the Dhow office and they will take you to the Dhow. The problem is getting back after the trip!! We were lucky and another family with a car gave us a lift back to the ship, but there are no taxis at the point where the Dhow cruise starts and ends. It is however a wonderful little cruise. You are almost guaranteed to see dolphins and it is very scenic. You also get a chance to do a bit of snorkelling at Telegraph Island which is fun.

Thank you so much for this information. As a matter of interest who did you arrange the Dhow Cruise with? Another member of our Roll Call has booked for her party and myself through Khourshem Tours so will check with them as to how we get back to the ship. Is it far to walk from the end point of the cruise to the ship??

Suzanne

Hope you have a great cruise and will find your way around Khasab OK. Through the kindness of some others on the Roll Call for our 15th March Lirica sailing they have included me on the half day Dhow Cruise from Khasab with a local private tour operator (highly recommended by others who were in Khasab recently) so I can either have a wander around or chill out on board in the afternoon. Only 54 days now until I fly out to see the family pre cruise. Can't wait!

Regards from Suzanne

ThNks.....only 2 more sleeps and 1.75 days to work. Unfortunately still have about 3 days work still to do. Never mind, are is mostly packed an whatever else still needs doing on 3pm on Thursday! it will just need to wait. I'm getting on that Emirates flight Thursday regardless!

Have a fab time Suzanne when your time comes.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much for this information. As a matter of interest who did you arrange the Dhow Cruise with? Another member of our Roll Call has booked for her party and myself through Khourshem Tours so will check with them as to how we get back to the ship. Is it far to walk from the end point of the cruise to the ship??

Suzanne

Just found the receipt! The tour we took was with the dolphin travel and tourism

http://Www.dolphintour.net. The office is virtually within walking distance from the ship, but they picked us up at the ship anyway.