Best Cabin Location on Windstar?

bzv143

Thinking of "downsizing" from Windsurf to Windstar for an upcoming cruise. Any recommendations on where our cabin should be or not be on Deck 2? Back, middle, front, port, starboard, near stairs, near gym, near/not near fire wall (do they really close when coming in/going out of ports and if so, are they noisy?)? Thanks for any help asap as we will book tomorrow! :rolleyes:

I know you mentioned Deck 2 We have stayed in Cabin 104 on 2 Windstar cruises, Costa Rica and Caribbean. We liked it the first time and requested it the second time. It is near the stairs and very quiet. I would imagine 204 would be the same.

We sailed Wind Star Costa Rica Dec 26 2010, cabin 114 and the noise was unbearable when the engines/stabilizers started up. I had to sleep on my side with a pillow blocking my exposed ear. Next time, we will select a cabin nearest to the bow.

We sailed Wind Star Costa Rica Dec 26 2010, cabin 114 and the noise was unbearable when the engines/stabilizers started up. I had to sleep on my side with a pillow blocking my exposed ear. Next time, we will select a cabin nearest to the bow.

We sailed that itinerary - i think we were in Cabin 212 - and while it didn't bother me, my husband couldn't stand the noise, which was a kind of background humming much of the time.

We also were in Cabin 120 on the Spirit, and it was nice and quiet, and we really liked the first deck and being close to the water - it washes up over the portholes and looks really cool. I would never pay for a category A again. Plus, the extra flight of stairs is a welcome antidote to the overeating.

On a last year carib cruise on Spirit we were located midship, deck 2 and the only noise we got was from the tenders..Down in the AM and up in the PM. Liveable because any small inconvenience is outweighed by the awesome Windstar experience..icon7.gificon4.gificon4.gif

We were on Wind Star off Costa Rica when it got rocked by 105mph winds one night (Jan. 2010...Hi, fellow cruiser OSUGrad!). Our cabin was on B deck, midship, and we felt NOTHING. Slept through the entire episode. Others who were towards the stern felt it (and heard it....every time the screws lifted out of the water). By the way, captain slowly and carefully turned the ship around and bypassed Nicaragua where he was heading when these amazing winds came up....and found us a new port to visit instead, back in Costa Rica. Crew did a fantastic job and only a few people (that I heard) said they were somewhat adversely affected. As far as I was concerned, the whole trip was fabulous.

SailorJM in San Diego

We were on the Dec 26th, 2010 Costa Rica cruise. Cabin 219 was very nice for us - near the stairs and just about mid-ships. We did not hear any engine noise nor did we hear any external noise at all. All cabins, except the owner's suite are the same size, so either level of cabins is not a problem. Almost forgot... our 37-year old daughter had her own cabin, # 124, ond deck lower than us, but also had no complaints. Said she slept like a baby. I would recommend a cabin as near to mid-ships as you can get, so that if the ship rolls or pitches, you'll have the least movement. The ship rocked so gently that it put us to sleep nicely very night. Enjoy Windstar, I know we did! :D

• 3 years later...