Auckland Boarding Time

We have booked on Solstice cruise leaving Auckland on the 15th of November, 12 days ending in Sydney.

We have booked cabin on deck 6, cabin 6211, and it appears that we cannot board until 4.00 p.m.

Can anyone confirm this or would we be able to board earlier?

thanks

We have booked on Solstice cruise leaving Auckland on the 15th of November, 12 days ending in Sydney.

We have booked cabin on deck 6, cabin 6211, and it appears that we cannot board until 4.00 p.m.

Can anyone confirm this or would we be able to board earlier?

thanks

Very interesting....we are on the Dec 9th cruise...same itinerary, so I wonder if this is something particular to your cruise, or if we will have the same situation. I know many on our roll call are organising things for lunch etc.

On checking, I see that the inbound cruise arriving in Auck on 15th Nov is scheduled for usual 6.00am...so that would not seem to be a factor.

Where did you discover that 4.00pm is the earliest boarding time ?

cheers

Very interesting....we are on the Dec 9th cruise...same itinerary, so I wonder if this is something particular to your cruise, or if we will have the same situation. I know many on our roll call are organising things for lunch etc.

On checking, I see that the inbound cruise arriving in Auck on 15th Nov is scheduled for usual 6.00am...so that would not seem to be a factor.

Where did you discover that 4.00pm is the earliest boarding time ?

cheers

The following (which I copied from our Guest Ticket Booklet for last December's Solstice cruise from Auckland) should explain

Fullscreen%2520capture%252013042014%2520111307.jpg

Hi, on the Celebrity website under the Plan and Book section- Staggered Check-in Time, decks 6 and 3 are the last ones listed to board at 4.00pm.

Departures only are listed up until 11th of April 2014 however the same trip last year in November was the same times.

Wondered if any one else had to wait until this time to board if their cabin was on the lowest deck.

Ok , now appears that these boarding times are only recommendations from Celebrity and one can assume that you are able to board at any time from 11.30 a.m. onwards. Would hate to arrive at the terminal at 12.30 and then be asked not to board until 4.00pm.

Probably worrying about nothing.

Hi, on the Celebrity website under the Plan and Book section- Staggered Check-in Time, decks 6 and 3 are the last ones listed to board at 4.00pm.

Departures only are listed up until 11th of April 2014 however the same trip last year in November was the same times.

Wondered if any one else had to wait until this time to board if their cabin was on the lowest deck.

As it is noted as a "recommendation", I don't think they will turn you away if you show up earlier.

They can't turn you away....the times are only recommendations.

Some passengers will be flying in from the States and their flights arrive early in the morning.....what else can they do but head down to the ship. ....others will have stayed overnight and have to check out of their hotels at 11am...what are they expected to do?

Go when it suits you.

We have always left for the ship at 11am and have always been on board for lunch...(sometimes a late lunch:D)