Seat layout on barbados Flight

hi flying to Barbados on 2nd Feb from Birmingham I understand that we will be on a 767 and not the Dreamliner. Very shortly I will be able to reserve our seats so would like your help. From those of you who have done long haul on a 767 what is the seat layout. Is it 2 either side by the windows or 3 and how many seats in the centre. We are in economy what rows would you advise and which ones not. If we pay for extra legroom are the seats in a cold position and are they narrower as one of our party is a larger gentleman. Lastly when do you think the seating option email will appear in my in box it must be soon surely. Thank you I trust your advise implicitly PS there are 4 of us

Cheers all

Shirley xx:::)

They are not very fast a sending the email regarding booking seats, work out 90 days before return flight and log on

Go via the Thomson site, extras, and it will guide you to the right page, put in booking ref etc and it will give you a seat plan.

I use seatplans.com to get all the info, good seats , bad seats etc

Don't book extra legroom if the larger person needs an extended seatbelt as they will make you move. The extra leg room seats by the emergency exits are very cold on the night flight home!

We flew from Gatwick and Birmingham on an ex first choice plane with Thomson for a p&o cruise and I think the configuration was 2-3-2..

I'm tall and wide and had no problem with the seats on any of our flights, plenty of leg room..the ex first choice planes don't have the most comfortable of seats though, I found them rather hard.

We fly out the week after you and I believe we can book our seats from 29th November, so you should be able to book the week before!

hi flying to Barbados on 2nd Feb from Birmingham I understand that we will be on a 767 and not the Dreamliner. Very shortly I will be able to reserve our seats so would like your help. From those of you who have done long haul on a 767 what is the seat layout. Is it 2 either side by the windows or 3 and how many seats in the centre. We are in economy what rows would you advise and which ones not. If we pay for extra legroom are the seats in a cold position and are they narrower as one of our party is a larger gentleman. Lastly when do you think the seating option email will appear in my in box it must be soon surely. Thank you I trust your advise implicitly PS there are 4 of us

Cheers all

767-200ER aircraft will be in use I would suggest and the seating configuration will be 2-3-2 or 2-4-2 depending on the aircraft - I think the ex FCA ( First Choice Airways) are configured one way (2-3-2) and the ex Britannia are the other - they are now all Thomson Airways. You will have to wait to see which aircraft it is and so you could pre book two window seats and the seats next to them eg seats A and B on rows one behind the other so you are "guaranteed" to be sat together. If your aircraft ends up being a 2-3-2 then the three in the middle will be no good for you unless you take AB and CD as your seats and then you will have the aisle between you and those in CD will have one or two people sharing their centre row.

Yes those seats by the exits are slightly narrower as the tray etc is folded into the side of the seat so I would avoid those for that reason coupled with the fact those seats can be colder too.

Try ringing Thomson Airways 90 days before your flight if there is nothing showing on "Flightextras" on thomson website.

As for rows - it depends on where you want to be - they always say those seats over the wing itself are less susceptible to turbulence but there is little in it and those at the rear can be colder than those at the front.

As an aside on rare occasions Thomson have had to substitute another carrier eg they have used Titan,Arkefly ( Dutch part of Tui) and euroAtlantic ( portuguese airline ) and we have flown back from the Caribbean 4 or 5 times and had these instead of Thomson Airways but I think we have been "unlucky" - however those other airlines were fine - infact Titan gave free drinks throughout the flight !!

Edited by Huddersfieldtourist

infact Titan gave free drinks throughout the flight !!

The rumour on the roll call for the Caribbean Discovery is that the return flight to Gatwick that we'll be on will be a Titan 767 so that's very nice to know! :D:D:D

What's the entertainment like on their 767?

Baggers

Sorry can not remember the in flight entertainment but from memory they did have films showing.

Their plane is a 767-300ER and is configured 2-3-2.

Titan are the airline used by football teams to fly to overseas matches - used by the likes of Man Utd or Chelsea rather than the likes of Huddersfield Town !!

I think all the passengers were happy when they flew except for those who had to get a refund as the plane did not have any premier class type seats with extra legroom etc

Edited by Huddersfieldtourist

We had seats 22a and b going and 23a and b coming back just towards the rear of the wings.

We are in 32a and b both ways Jan 14 as we couldn't book them till we got back from Island Escape and found most of the forward ones were booked up.

We were near the rear of the plane both ways for Island Escape trip from Palma though, and had no problem with them. There was an empty row and we were given it so we had an empty seat between us as it was 3 - 3.

Cheers all

Try Seatguru, which gives info about seats on specific planes/flights.

http://www.seatguru.com

Edited by mainelycruising

its getting a bit complicated to find current seat plans for thoms flights, especially long haul?, there are 2 versions of seat layout for their 767's and I think they change them in the summer into all economy layouts? plus the dreamliner has a different layout too

some thoms seat plans can be found here (plus some reviews)

and current long haul in flight entertainment listings here

we forgot to go on and book the return seats - our fault I know - and as usual lots of people have booked single seats where the seats are in 2s and now we can't get 2 togeher

So shall we upset them by taking one in front of the other when they are hoping it will be empty for the flight

time to call the airline and see if they are going to release more seats to book online