Belfast 2017

Alaskanb

Hi: Next May we will be in Belfast from 11:15 am to 9 pm on the Caribbean Princess. We plan on going to the Titanic Experience for the afternoon. Are taxis readily available at the cruise terminal --where are they? Is it possible to reserve one in advance? Any idea of cost?

Thanks

Yes, there were a line of taxis available just outside the ship. Just got off the Caribbean princess and saw 10-15 immediately available. There were black cabs to mini vans lined up. We walked off the ship as soon as we were cleared, and people were hailing them. So if you get off early you should be fine.

Yes, there were a line of taxis available just outside the ship. Just got off the Caribbean princess and saw 10-15 immediately available. There were black cabs to mini vans lined up. We walked off the ship as soon as we were cleared, and people were hailing them. So if you get off early you should be fine.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi: Next May we will be in Belfast from 11:15 am to 9 pm on the Caribbean Princess. We plan on going to the Titanic Experience for the afternoon. Are taxis readily available at the cruise terminal --where are they? Is it possible to reserve one in advance? Any idea of cost?

Thanks

Off the Rotterdam's 2016 VOV where we visited Belfast. Taxis are right on the dock; no need to reserve one in advance. Cost going to the Titanic Experience was slightly less than returning to the ship. Going, it was 8 Pounds Sterling; returning, it was 10 Pounds Sterling, but the taxi driver did give me a bit of a brief sightseeing tour of Belfast before arriving at the dock. Don't be worried in trying to find them inasmuch as there are plenty of tourist official types on the pier and they will point you in the right direction. Taxis were waiting at the Museum for return guests, but there is a free phone within the Museum that will directly connect you with Valuecabs who will dispatch a taxi to pick you up. (If you check the Titanic Museum's web site, they even provide the phone number that one could call if there happened to be no cabs at the pier when you want them.) Both of my taxi drivers were very friendly and conversational.

I spent 4+ hours at the Titanic Experience and could have spent even more if I had thoroughly explored the Titanic and Olympic slipways as well as visit the Pump House.

Do not fail to visit the S. S. Nomadic docked across the street from the Experience. It is the last existing White Star Line vessel and was used at Cherbourg to ferry passengers from the city to the anchored Titanic (and other large vessels). She still flies the French flag where she was registered. Visiting the Nomadic is part of the regular admission to the Experience.

Timed tickets are used and I strongly recommend, given the time you will probably be arriving at the site, that you purchase your tickets in advance. An atm-type machine is available for those who have advance reservations to quickly get their tickets. For those arriving as late as you will be, the ticket line was long.

A couple of dining venues are available and the menus looked good, but the waits to get seated/served were longer than I wanted.

If one is interested in the history of Titanic and the White Star Line, I think you will find this Experience to be really enjoyable!

Any questions, let me know.

Edited by rkacruiser