pre cruise hotel family of 4 near pan am pier

tuliplvr

Hi everyone,

I've done lots of research on this board and I'm hoping you can all help me with this one. Next July we (two adults, two kids 15 and 11) will be taking a cruise on Royal C. out of the Pan Am Pier. I'm looking for a nice place for the four of us (preferable with at least 2 queen beds, not doubles). Not sure what fits the bill. Would like pool.. beach would be nice as well but not a deal breaker. Would also consider Old San Juan. Thanks so much in advance.

I am sorry if you would have say at least 4 night I maybe could have help but for one night I do not know anything in San Juan I know a good place but it is not in the tourist section. I know a nice place in Dorado. San Juan is about 45 min away from Dorado.

Of all of our visits, the DoubleTree on the last cruise was my favorite. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful. This time we will be going to the Hilton Condado. It was a tough choice between Hilton, DoubleTree and a new try of La Ciqala, but part of our group wanted to be within walking distance of a local restaurant that we visit when on San Juan, which is why we went with the Hilton. There Is not much near the Pan Am and with kids, I am guessing you will have suitcases like us ;) so a short taxi ride will be required. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Caribe Hilton. It's a short cab ride from there to the Pan Am Pier, and you will have pools, beach, and nice resort amenities there, good for one night stay- you can sleep in the next morning or get up and get some more beach/pool before you go to the ship.

The taxi system is easy and strictly regulated when you arrive at the airport, so don't worry about transportation. There are enough food options at Caribe for one night- beach shack burgers, fancy steak place, even a Subway across the street.

Look it up on Google Earth to see the size of the property and the nice beach area.

Have also stayed at Doubletree- this has a pool, and super-secret pool/beach exchange access with the very fancy La Concha resort, and is across the street from a grocery store (buy wine, sunscreen etc to take on ship), but not near anything else that is useful. Sometimes they have deals with free breakfasts.